Any rumours for *free* upgrade from 811 to 921??

Fgsilva

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 10, 2004
Vallejo, CA
Has anybody hear any rumours of Dish giving a price break (or even making it free????) to upgrade an 811 to a 921??

Thanks,

Francisco

There no rumours of a upgrade to a 921.

There was a price break last month from $999 to $549 on the Model 921.

New customers can also get one for about $250 when the join Dish, and I think that the HDTV/921 bundle has been reduced from $1599 to $999.

But no 811 to 921 upgrade offers/rumours.

Cyclone said:

New customers can also get one for about $250 when the join Dish, and I think that the HDTV/921 bundle has been reduced from $1599 to $999.

Thanks!!! So, I guess once I want to upgrade I'll probably then will either try to sell my 811 or use it as a door stopper... :D

Francisco

bryan92 said:
Sold my 811 yesterday on EBAY for 227.50. Not too bad I guess since I only paid $249, I think.

hmm, it looks like ebay is the way to go to sell the beast then. For me, any cash will be great cause it came "free" as part of their promotion at the beginning of this year.

Francisco

Cyclone said:

Speaking of DIsh system, aren't their TVs pretty crappy??? At least the ones I saw at one of the dealers store (I forget the brand that they had).

Francisco

So if I want to upgrade from my America's 120 with a DVR, I have to pay for the HDTV receiver from Dish Network? Can I buy one anywhere, or do I have to buy it from Dish Network? And then on top of that, I have to pay $10/month for a few extra channels (not including my local channels since I do not live in one of the 17 areas)?

Maybe cable isn't such a bad option after all. Man, I can't believe I just said that.

Fgsilva said:
hmm, it looks like ebay is the way to go to sell the beast then. For me, any cash will be great cause it came "free" as part of their promotion at the beginning of this year.

Francisco
DID it come free or was it given to you on a lease program? If you quit DISH would you not have to turn it back in?

Kevinw said:
DID it come free or was it given to you on a lease program? If you quit DISH would you not have to turn it back in?

It came "free" as long as I stay with dish for a year (feb/05). When the year is up is when I'll sell it.
Francisco

I really want to get the 921 but I just spent several hundred dollars on the 811 2 months ago. does anyone know if I can get a deal with dish to take my 811 and give me a 921 at a reduced price.

BFG said:
Nope to all the questions.

There are no upgrades on a 921.

Was off the phone with a CSR just a minute ago. His advice to me was to sell my 811 on ebay to buy the 921. Not sure though it will be such a good idea anymore from the horro stories I hear about the 921... :confused:

Francisco

Pretty much. I think I would only take the thing for free. So show up on Monday's chat and you might win one ;)