Status
Not open for further replies.

vegassatellite

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I volunteered to run a simple DMX-512 controller for a private function and I must say I find it quite intriguing. It's kinda becoming a bit of a hobby for me. I would like to find some forums that deal with stage lighting. I've already read up quite a bit about the theory behind the signal and its some quite cool stuff.

Yes. 25 years ago. Block connectors. Sorry, I'm a bit out of date! :p

Yes. 25 years ago. Block connectors. Sorry, I'm a bit out of date! :p

Yeah, me too. I helped start a community theater back in the late '70s. Started with PAR floodlights with a board full of home light dimmers. Over the course of 4 years, we upgraded to real floods and spots, got the old arc follow spot to work, and a friend and I built their first digital board from scratch.

Also did sound, although we didn't get nearly as far there. When I left, it was still un-miked and only for music and sfx.

They are still around, but I dropped out when I moved away from the area.

I volunteered to run a simple DMX-512 controller for a private function and I must say I find it quite intriguing. It's kinda becoming a bit of a hobby for me. I would like to find some forums that deal with stage lighting. I've already read up quite a bit about the theory behind the signal and its some quite cool stuff.

That's my profession. I'd be more than happy to answer any questions you may have, I see you're located on Phoenix, so am I.
As far as forums go, this is probably the best one out there.

The LightNetwork

Some of the best professionals in the world post there and it is a wealth of information.

That's my profession. I'd be more than happy to answer any questions you may have, I see you're located on Phoenix, so am I.
As far as forums go, this is probably the best one out there.

The LightNetwork

Some of the best professionals in the world post there and it is a wealth of information.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm a real technological guy and I love to have my brain hammered by technological issues. In fact, I'm most comfortable when I'm stumped.

Seeing as how you're in Phoenix, I would love to tag along and be a helper if ever you need it, if just for the experience.

I would love to tag along and be a helper if ever you need it, if just for the experience.

As much as I would like a helper, so to speak. It's kind of like me asking if I could come hang out with you for a day at your job. Not to mention insurance and liability issues.
I appreciate it though.
As I said earlier, I am more than happy to answer any questions you may have.
PM me and I can let you know public events I am lighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)