Any suggestion for deals; just curious!

cjwct

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
Glastonbury, CT
I am no way looking to threaten Dish with "do this or else;" but I was wondering what I should ask for (as in deals) if I choose to add a second receiver and in doing so, get rid of having both Cox Cable and Dish in my house; any suggestions what to ask for? Seems like plenty of good deals for new customers, but what about us that do stay?

What I am looking for: keep the 622 and add, I guess, a 612 so wife can have her own DVR and not screw up my recordings. As far as programming, I will have to make a choice because as it is now I am at $150 with only 1 receiver and am not looking to go higher!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! :) :) :)

Thanks Jerry . . . I just checked online with a rep about dishn it up promo, and they can give me a 722 for $125 or a 612 for $75 (installed), a 2yr contract, $7 per month additional receiver fee; with my programming (AEP + HD) it will be $142 + taxes

seems to be a good deal; anyone disagree?

Thanks Jerry . . . I just checked online with a rep about dishn it up promo, and they can give me a 722 for $125 or a 612 for $75 (installed), a 2yr contract, $7 per month additional receiver fee; with my programming (AEP + HD) it will be $142 + taxes

seems to be a good deal; anyone disagree?

No..Yes

Here's my Math:

AEP: 84.98
HD Ultimate: 20.00
Locals: 5.00
Addl lease fee: 7.00 (No dvr fees with AEP)

Total: $116.98. (one lease fee)
123.98 (two )

Thanks KAB . . . I just looked on their website and saw that the AEP is 94.98; could that be the difference in your math?

Even if we add the additional $10 that makes it $133.98 and your math still comes up $10 less . . . hmmmm . . . oh well, I will finagle this when I pull the trigger (something tells me that they are trying to add/keep those dvr fees) . . . thanks for your help :) :) :)

Hey one last question:

If a second line is run to the other box and tv, will this cause any decreases in picture quality. I am curious because one reason I have Dish hooked up to my HDTV is because when Cox Cable was hooked up to it, the picture just froze and nothing else (I assumed because of all the in-wall connectors this occurred); or am I just being silly asking this?

Thanks KAB . . . I just looked on their website and saw that the AEP is 94.98; could that be the difference in your math?

Even if we add the additional $10 that makes it $133.98 and your math still comes up $10 less . . . hmmmm . . . oh well, I will finagle this when I pull the trigger (something tells me that they are trying to add/keep those dvr fees) . . . thanks for your help :) :) :)
Sorry bout that, but still you would be paying more.

I am getting a 722 installed today free for my upgrade. Waive the fee until Feb. 09' Changing out my old HD box (811) and removing a (301) will take care of that extra box fee.

Keith, you are only upgrading a receiver though, not adding one which is what I am looking to do; is that correct? What fees are you getting waived until February '09?

I did the dish n it up promo 2 years ago for the 622. I did pay to upgrade as outlined above. Is there any way to get rid of the leased receiver fee or is it with me even if I keep this thing and never ask for another upgrade. How much do receivers cost new for a 622? 722? I just want to see how long until I've essentially bought it and am paying too much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts