Any suggestions for HD FTA units for PBS & CW

Status
Please reply by conversation.

whatchel1

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Sep 30, 2006
Great High Plains
I'm looking at putting a dish for PBS HD any suggestions on a receiver that works well for this. Also what units will work for the CW HD feeds would be nice to know also.

pansat 9200 has a add on s-2 board easy to use

sonic view 8000 easy to use cheaper but older unit will get the pbs and cw for you and the pvr works well had it 2 years now

Digiwave Diamond does HD and DVB-S2 ....

I like my Diamond. Nothing really to complain of. I picked up one here used for $100. Not sure of the going rate, though. One thing to note is that if you pick one up used, there's a 99% chance it will have hack-ware on it that is not removable without messing up the audio. That being said, I don't find the hack-ware to be much of an issue.

Viewsat 9000HD

So are the Diamond 9000HD and the Viewsat 9000HD the same unit just under different names? I see more of the Viewsat available than the Diamond.

Coolsat 8100 HD

Wound up getting the Coolsat 8100 HD for really inexpensive off ebay. Is there a way to get it to use a larger ext HDD? Will also ask this in a new thread. Noobie to FTA not to sat or PC.

i would think so, use them on my old SD boxes.
but the bulit in's work much better.

edit
30" Star Choice dish on G10R(have to decide on new assignment),
took mine to 105 it was weak on my motors now it booms lol

I was thinking more like if you had a home theater receiver with optical input. That is what I use for audio from my Pansat 3500. Just started looking around for a good deal on a HD FTA receiver. Seems that people are still trying to get a good buck for them even if they have hackware on them.

I was thinking more like if you had a home theater receiver with optical input. That is what I use for audio from my Pansat 3500. Just started looking around for a good deal on a HD FTA receiver. Seems that people are still trying to get a good buck for them even if they have hackware on them.

that is the way to go.but you have to have it on too.
don't think about that much here with my 1989 pioneer having no input. i do love it and will not part till death.

ever see switch boxes for those ? i got 2 outboard things going now.cyberhome something.
thread here.
good luck on the HD box

read this kinda wrong on the ac3 with a coolsat. i thought i read it here to. sorry oh well

http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/170428-coolsat-8100-dolby-icon.html

Last edited:
The 8100 will output AC-3 through the HDMI, optical or rca cables. no extra equipment needed

Used the 8000 (8100 - a PVR option) for lots of AC-3 programs. works great

The 8100 will output AC-3 through the HDMI, optical or rca cables. no extra equipment needed

Used the 8000 (8100 - a PVR option) for lots of AC-3 programs. works great

I am assuming you're stating that since it outputs AC3 via RCA that the 8100 decodes AC3 onboard, and not just passes it through the optical output? And does this require a software update? I've been thinking about getting one myself, hence why I ask.

it decodes it on board...no additional equipment needed

no software upgrade. Almost all the HD receivers decode AC-3 on board

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts