Any techs have experience with this meter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Van, I love that meter!!! :)

My only bitch about it is the battery consumption rate. Maybe it's a case of me overcharging that puppy, but I have yet to make it last more than 4 installs without putting it back on the charger in my truck.

It's totally perfect for the D1000 and superdishes. I'll aim with the 119 and then peak with the other bird that is also connected. It's a nice price and hundreds less than a Birddog. I bought my mine thru fleabay as well, but a different vendor.

Why do you ask?

I was contacted by a company that does commercial work about doing some contract work and need to start pricing out some equipment. With this meter it looks more like what Im looking for as far as size goes but had no idea as to its stability and reliability.

Not too sure how well it does commercial work. But as I stated earlier, it's perfect for Direct or Dish installs. Seems to me that the same basics from Dish and Direct (skew, AZ, and EL) would apply. Just a matter of fine tuning things

I know I could pick up most any sat with my channel master that dish supplied, found a bird sitting up overhead here in michigan a few times, Im just wondering if Im going to need something a little more advanced like a birdog but if thats the case I dont want to invest in one as this is only a single contract job.

i have one and use it to this day but it has had some problems with dpp twins and the battery sucks it only lasts me about 3 jobs but is very helpful with the 129 sat. problems being able to peak it in with the digital scale.. the down fall for me was the front glass panel is helped in place by cheap glus and i had to reglue it,the battery after a while just stoped charging so i always use a hot line,.. my favorite is still the channel master

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)