Any tips for watching video via DLNA on 922?

nevarDeath

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 1, 2011
OK
I have tried everything I can think of to get DLNA video streaming working on my 922. The only time I've ever got it to work was with a program in windows (forget the name) that processes the video on the computer, then sends it over. That was still choppy and unenjoyable. My problem is that the 922 doesn't see any of the videos in my folders when I select them.

I am currently trying to get it working on my android tablet. It's an Asus Transformer Pad. It has a Tegra 3 proc and 32GB of memory. It's more than capable of doing this. Dish support gave me this list of supported filetypes. They said it's the same for the hopper and the 922
Dish Support said:
Images - JPEG only, all sizes (thumbnails are PNG)
Video - Containers: MPEG-TS, MPEG-PS, MKV, MP4 with combination of video codec H264/AVC, MPEG2 and audio, AAC, AAC PLUS, AC3, and MPEG audio
Audio - MP3, AAC, ALAC, FLAC, AC3, WAV, LPCM

So I converted the videos to MP4 H.264 and it still doesn't see them. I've tried a variety of MKV's as well and it just doesn't see them. I've used Asus MyNet, Bubble UPnP, and iMediaStream apps as the server and all those apps play the videos fine, the 922 sees them and can play music from them fine, but doesn't see the videos.

Has anyone else got video streaming through DLNA working in a way that is watchable? Any advice, especially for Android specifically would be appreciated!

Those are the compatible media types for the 922/Hopper DLNA playback.

Images – JPEG only all sizes (thumbnails are PNG)
Video – Containers MPEG-TS, MPEG-PS, MKV, MP4 with combination of Video codec H264/AVC, MPEG2 and audio codec, AAC, AAC PLUS, AC3 and MPEG audio Audio – MP3 , AAC , ALAC, FLAC, AC3, WAV, LPCM

It could be possible that you might have some unsupported codec in the MP4 containers. Also if the MP4 files are recorded using an iOS device, then it might have issue. I know you are using Android but I figured I'd mention that just to be safe.

Last edited:
I got it to work once using TVersisty. But my PS3s do a much better job so I haven't used it in awhile. If I remember a lot of files would not play or would stutter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)