Any tips/ suggestions?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
You act as though this is my first rodeo dealing with businesses. It is certainly not. Trust me, if DirectTV mistreats me then I will deal with it when it comes. As for the education part of it,.....experience is always the best educator. Through my experiences with Dish, they do not value you in the least (taking Voom away, never giving real upgrade offers to their customers, etc). You see, education needs to take place on their part. Because paying around 1,200k a year is certainly not cheap (as you put it) and DISH lost that money because they would not upgrade me. So, this is the way I see it.... I have paid around 3,600k to Dish on time and they could not give me a $150 perk? I can assure you, if more people were like me with this,... this issue would not be a problem.

By the way, I have NEVER upgraded with dish. I certainly have no desires to upgrade with DirectTV either, but the fact that they do allow upgrades based on payment history is something that DISH should adopt. Thanks again for the dialogue.

Obviously, Dish doesn't feel your precious $97/month is worthy of giving you HD receivers for free or they wouldn't let you walk.

You actually are a legend in your own mind.

Adios and good bye.:wave:wave:wave

Not really.

There are many reasons I don't blame people for leaving Dish, but "they wouldn't give it to me for free" isn't one of them.

+1. Gimme, Gimme or Bye, Bye. Not the America I grew up in.

RGJ- It costs Dish to provide equipment and programming. They have to turn a profit. If they don't think they will make money out of you, they can't reasonably be expected to take a loss if they can avoid it.

I've been under the impression that DirecTV generally costs more up front in equipment fees than Dish. Maybe that's changed or is incorrect. But you're not comparing apples and oranges. Does the equipment operation matter to you? How much? Do you need to have the Sunday Ticket and can pay for it? Whose packages offer the programming you really want? How many holes in your roof do you want, as you change providers and antennas? And many other questions. Don't move just because you're angry that Dish did not cut you as good a deal as you'd like.

Perhaps you will be happier with D*. But keep in mind, they made a well publicized decision to cut their low profit or loss generating subs. They are aiming for "higher profit" subs and intend to increase their revenue per sub. They may be even less obliging to you if they see you are wanting freebies.

Obviously, Dish doesn't feel your precious $97/month is worthy of giving you HD receivers for free or they wouldn't let you walk.

You actually are a legend in your own mind.

Adios and good bye.:wave:wave:wave

Thanks Rich! Legend I am certainly not. I am however, a man of principal. Regardless, it seems you have some anger built up over the matter. The truth is it is the principal of the matter. I could have went to the retention dept. , but chose not too. I simply refuse to have to beg and plead for them to take care of their customer. Truthfully though, my issues with dish are bigger than just not giving me an upgrade. However, the point still remains DirectTV will upgrade you if you pay on time and such. My local cable company will allow me to add DVR or HD without any upgrade fees. Keep in mind, you are renting this equipment each month. Upgrading means more fees in programing they will charge me. Heck, I know in the long run I pay for it, but it does make you feel good to get taken care of. Thanks for your post, however idiotic they may sound.

RGJ- It costs Dish to provide equipment and programming. They have to turn a profit. If they don't think they will make money out of you, they can't reasonably be expected to take a loss if they can avoid it.

I've been under the impression that DirecTV generally costs more up front in equipment fees than Dish. Maybe that's changed or is incorrect. But you're not comparing apples and oranges. Does the equipment operation matter to you? How much? Do you need to have the Sunday Ticket and can pay for it? Whose packages offer the programming you really want? How many holes in your roof do you want, as you change providers and antennas? And many other questions. Don't move just because you're angry that Dish did not cut you as good a deal as you'd like.

Perhaps you will be happier with D*. But keep in mind, they made a well publicized decision to cut their low profit or loss generating subs. They are aiming for "higher profit" subs and intend to increase their revenue per sub. They may be even less obliging to you if they see you are wanting freebies.

And who pays for the programming and equipment? The customer! Both cable and DirectTV allow for occasional upgrades. Dish should do the same. As for holes in my roof,..not going to happen. I have a pole they post on. As for cutting Dish off, ....not upgrading me is what broke the camels back. Anyway, I do realize their are positives with both companies as well as negatives. Regardless, I appreciate your post.

Man you're a demanding baby. Butch up a little, eh?

Whatever happened to paying a fair price for a product?

And we all wonder why incomes are stagnant. Companies take their hits and pass them on to their labor. Wouldn't it be ironic if having to cater to whiny baby customers and giving away the house to each of them led to a reduction in workforce at your company.

I'm sure they pocketed the entire $36k and didn't have to pay any programmers, equipment costs, etc. How much of that $97/month do you really think is pure profit?

What do you do for a living, and what can you give me for free?

RGJ - I agree that E* seems unconcerned about customer satisfaction or retention. I've been trying to get them to upgrade me to HD...(I want to pay for it Navychop, et al)...but it hasn't happened and E* doesn't seem to care. I won't go into long gory story about sales department and installer visits because I don't want to relive those nightmares. The big problem for me is that no one has contacted me to help figure out what to do to make it happen. I'm convinced the people at the other end of the phone, in India or wherever, really don't care if I stay a customer or not.They'll pick up their paycheck anyway and move on to another job when they get sick of this one. And based on E* confusing announcement, corporate doesn't seem to care what burdens they're placing on their call staff....so maybe it just trickles down. I've finally had it and will be contacting D* tomorrow.

vegassatellite has the tagline "Everything is a conspiracy. Skeptics of conspiracies are just carrying on a conspiracy."

RGJ seems to have signed on to this forum just in time to announce he is transferring from Dish to DirecTV. Is he part of some conspiracy? Is he promoting dissatisfaction with Dish? Does he actually work for some DirecTv installer company? Has he ever had Dish? If he was a satisfied customer for 3 years at $97 per month, what straws were piled on him prior to the last straw since he never upgraded in 3 years?

Just curiosity at work.

vegassatellite has the tagline "Everything is a conspiracy. Skeptics of conspiracies are just carrying on a conspiracy."

RGJ seems to have signed on to this forum just in time to announce he is transferring from Dish to DirecTV. Is he part of some conspiracy? Is he promoting dissatisfaction with Dish? Does he actually work for some DirecTv installer company? Has he ever had Dish? If he was a satisfied customer for 3 years at $97 per month, what straws were piled on him prior to the last straw since he never upgraded in 3 years?

Just curiosity at work.

....and anyone that doubts that is just in on it too. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)