Any truth to this story????

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jspeeney011480

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 12, 2007
New Jersey
I periodically do a google search to see if there is any new information on Comcast Sportsnet Philly coming to D*. I came across this forum during one of my searches. What does everyone think? And is there any truth to this story and if so when will D* see some information on this topic? Here is the link...

Comcast Sportsnet coming to Dish Network

Thanks Scott. I'm not sure how credible this story is or the Dish Tech for that matter. I'm just chomping at the bit to get some sort of news on CSN Philly coming to D*. I am a huge Phillies fan and hate that they are blacked out on MLB EI.

Here is the general idea here . Will dish and directv eventually get CSN Philly .... Most likely yes. When who the heck knows. Comcast is not going to give it up freely, so it will be a down right brawl for the rights to show CSN Philly. So I dont know us supervisors and agents are the last to know anything. But the one thing I can tell you knowing comcast is there just not going to give up with out a fight they may of lost the initial legal battle but that means little to them.

Yes they will both get the channel, but only because the FCC is forcing Comcast to do so. However up until this point Comcast has not complied with the FCC.

I have been battling with Directv and Comcast philly for a few years now on trying to get it to Directv. Directv says if it were up to them, they would have had it years ago. CSN Philly is just a bitter bitch. They told me they want to keep some of there programming exclusive to cable because of directvs exclusive rights to the NFL and other programming on the 101. The FCC has forced CSN Philly to broadcast in a way that Directv (in theory) could broadcast but CSN Philly wants to charge an arm and a leg to have it on satellite. As a die hard phillies and flyers fan, it is so frustrating. I am in the "Philly market" (1.5 hrs north of philly) but my cable options do not include high def so for now, i am stuck with Directv.

Status
Please reply by conversation.