Contemplating a switch

Status
Please reply by conversation.

n4uaj

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 21, 2006
Just got a call from TWC today. I already have their awesome internet and they offered today a deal with their Phone Wholehouse Dvr and internet for around 140.00. Well we dont want the phone cause we are kinda attached to the number and it cant transfer so I asked about just the tv and internet. She said 1 DVR and 3 networked "playback" boxes and internet would run me 127.00 a month. No upfront fees for the boxes just a one time 27 buck installation fee. Now Directv as I have it now runs around 90 bucks a month. Last I checked to get the same whole home service that TWC offers would cost me 300.00 upfront since none of the nondvr boxes i have are compatible. Looking at the channel selection I would pretty much have the same channels and gain 8 or more of them in HD. The HDextra pack has a couple more channels than Directv's does for about a dollar more. So it looks like I wouldnt save much monthly but I would gain more in channels and watching options. They claimed that after the first year it would only go up about 12 bucks a month but I am a little leery of that part. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I havent heard many service complaints in the area concerning TWC and I know when I did the internet last month they were johnnyonthespot and very professional with the installation.
Thanks

In the end it comes down to what channels you watch the most and who has them for the lowest price in the long run. $127 sounds good for TV and internet. I would say go for it. If you don't like TWC for TV, you can always switch back to D*. You don't have to sign a contract if you go with TWC, do you?

Yep no contract plus they have a new policy that if you owe fees to DTV for early termination they will credit you up to 200 bucks for that. I just wonder about the PQ and need to find out more details on how their multiroom dvr works. One says you cant initiate recordings from the playback unit but another isnt sure.

Status
Please reply by conversation.