Bait and switch?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Nothing to type. Just copy the link below, delete the single space, and press return. Best to do it on your phone. It's directv's mobile website, so if you're using a desktop browser it will likely redirect somewhere else

ht tp://mobile.directv.com/offer/best_offer

No point in capturing more screenshots. It's as pictured above.

Nothing to type. Just copy the link below, delete the single space, and press return. Best to do it on your phone. It's directv's mobile website, so if you're using a desktop browser it will likely redirect somewhere else

ht tp://mobile.directv.com/offer/best_offer

No point in capturing more screenshots. It's as pictured above.

I just entered the url into my phone browser and came up with exactly the same offer as was stated by the OP. It does indicate "Now included - Monthly Equipment Fee's for up to 4 Rooms" in one spot, but in another spot indicates "Get HD DVR Service in up to 2 rooms - now included in every package". Kind of confusing.

This is what I get when clicking on your link.
1st
Screenshot_20161004-133212.png

Then when I click on the offer I get this.
Screenshot_20161004-133150.png

That is not what I got when I entered the link into the chrome browser on my phone. I got exactly what the OP posted at the beginning of this discussion.

When I go to the link it shows 4 rooms up near the top, and just above that in small print says offers extended through 10/22/16. The rest of the page below all that (including fine print at very bottom) says 2 rooms. So the page is a little confusing/contradicting.
IMG_0051.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder why I can't bring it up?
I wonder if my cookies tell it I'm AT&T customer so it redirects me to a different page?
I have the same offer date.

I guarantee it's not bait and switch. All these offers have expiration dates in the small print.
I can vouch for this. I was looking at Directv in July for the 4 room offer and internet. I even chatted with a guy online to verify the uverse internet included unlimited data (it does). I planned to make the change but by the time I got around to it the offer was down to 2 rooms free equipment (this was in the first week in August). The 2 room offer expires the end of October per the fine print.
The complaint I would have is when you click on the "Offer details" there are several offers and some of them have already expired so you have to look at the fine print very carefully.
I would criticize them for the July ad saying "Best offer ever" and then when the offer changed in August they still called it the "Best offer ever" . So how is free equipment for 2 rooms better than 4 rooms? (I did not see any other differences in the offers.)

I can vouch for this. I was looking at Directv in July for the 4 room offer and internet. I even chatted with a guy online to verify the uverse internet included unlimited data (it does). I planned to make the change but by the time I got around to it the offer was down to 2 rooms free equipment (this was in the first week in August). The 2 room offer expires the end of October per the fine print.
The complaint I would have is when you click on the "Offer details" there are several offers and some of them have already expired so you have to look at the fine print very carefully.
I would criticize them for the July ad saying "Best offer ever" and then when the offer changed in August they still called it the "Best offer ever" . So how is free equipment for 2 rooms better than 4 rooms? (I did not see any other differences in the offers.)

The promotion is always the best offer ever.

Ha ha ha

Reactions: WTguy
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts