Any update on the mysterious channel 213 "local weather" channel that was promised?

Seriously I don't get what's the big deal with TWC. I understand that a promise is a promise, but frankly, I could care less about this. If this was the 1990s, I'd be with you guys, but nowadays, you can get the weather any time from the internet and your cell phones, so if you really want to know what your weather is today, it only takes like 2 minutes max to look it up.
I agree with this. I used to always watch local on the eights, but there is no need for it anymore. if there is any really bad weather out there, local news interrupts as it is too.
Maybe... They could do it like DirecTV does it...
i'm not even sure how D* does it and i'm a sub. with internet/local news/mobile apps, i have no use of twc anymore. the only time I ever see it these days is when they have a correspondent on SNF or the today show or something.

Possible, but I would not think that's the primary reason. The bandwidth to send the weather maps and info...
Or, send the data via broadband to receivers that have it connected to the 'net. That way, some of the bandwidth can be off-loaded from satellite. Problem is, I suspect only a small % of people have their receivers connected this way. I would say develop an internet-only version of the weather 'app' -- but if only a small number are connected like that, it's hard to justify. Remember, Dish knows how many are on broadband too...

I believe the exact phrase was "I don't see a future for you." ;) JP

I believe that was a Ms. Cleo CSR then... Not sure our's would know the inside scoop on the "end of the world".

Or it could be the guy who predicted it to end this past weekend.

TonyT@DISH Network said:
I believe the exact phrase was "I don't see a future for you." ;) JP

I believe that was a Ms. Cleo CSR then... Not sure our's would know the inside scoop on the "end of the world".

Or it could be the guy who predicted it to end this past weekend.

Out of curiosity. Do they QA post that you make? I ask this not being rude in any way shape or form.

We are held accountable for posts deemed incorrect or pointedly rude. There is a bit of leeway so that we can interact with people and let our personalities show. In our role, being an alternative to chat and phone, that leeway is invaluable and a necessity.

Your question was not taken as rude at all, BTW.

Well, there is the Weather Alternative Channel on 287, but it is a bit tough to make out the current conditions on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts