Any way to blank out channels from search?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cebbigh

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 24, 2005
Frostbite Falls
This is the biggest wish I have for my HR20-100 and HR21. Screening out all the PPV channels and channels I don't care about during searches. Using the favorites list is fine for checking the guide. But with all the great HD movies available I'd like to do a search that produces just the channels that I want to set my recorders on. It seems that should be a no brainer and not that hard to do, but if there is a way to do it I haven't figured it out yet.

I'd like to know the answer as well.

Similar to this is setting up an autorecording based on a keyword or actor. For example I tried to set up an autorecording for HD Will Ferrell movies. The DVR would then autorecord PPV movies, even when the same movie was available in HD on HBO. So is there a way to also screen out the PPV channels for this as well?

In the 3 months or so I've had my HR20, I've never found a way to do this.

Simply allowing the modification of "channels I receive" would be a huge help, IMHO. As far as I've ever been able to tell, "channels I receive" and "all channels" are one and the same. My "channels I receive" filter includes channels that I do not receive, and as far as I can tell, there's no way to modify that (which I would personally use to remove "channels I could care less about"). If I'm missing it somewhere, I'd love to see it!

I don't want to get into another Tivo war, but Tivo does allow the editing of "channels I receive".

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)