Any way to make channel surfing faster?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

NoHo

Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
Hey guys, I recently moved out of my parents and on my own for the first time (I just turned 18) and we've had Directv for years and I got it installed in my new place.

For some reason the channel surfing isn't as quick as it was at my parents, there is a slight delay while flipping through the channel guide and this is something that never happened at my parents.

Is there a way I can fix this so looking through the guide goes faster?

First: WELCOME to SatGuys

AND

CONGRATS on being on your own; boy I remember my first year or so on my own!

Anyway; do you have a different make & model receiver than they do?

First: WELCOME to SatGuys

AND

CONGRATS on being on your own; boy I remember my first year or so on my own!

Anyway; do you have a different make & model receiver than they do?

Thanks!

And I'm not sure if I do. It looks the same.

I am just wondering you you have a DVR model and they do not. The buffer of the DVR might slow it down a bit in my guess. OR just maybe you guys have the same basic models, but by different manufacturers with slightly different firmware.

It could also be variable settings such as Native On/Off, EPG Scrolling Effects, etc. Take a few minutes and review your settings and try different things until you find something that seems to work best for you.

Oh, and welcome to the real world kiddo! ;)

Hate to bother you guys again, but how do I get to the screen to turn native on or off? I can't even find it in my menu settings.

Nope, just gives me the options for banner, time zone, language, and none of them have anything for native.

No. I don't have a DVR or an HD reciever. Just a regular reciever. It looks the exact same as the one that I used before.

You can force you receiver to download the latest firmware by doing a red button reset and pressing 0-2-4-6-8 on the remote when the blue hello screen appears.

You can force you receiver to download the latest firmware by doing a red button reset and pressing 0-2-4-6-8 on the remote when the blue hello screen appears.

don't use the dash button just the numbers:)

how do you know the forced download is working?
what screen exactly is the hello screen? i've tried this and don't think i'm doing it right.

thanks!

how do you know the forced download is working?
what screen exactly is the hello screen? i've tried this and don't think i'm doing it right.

thanks!

Same here. Nothing happens when I follow the above instructions.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)