Any way to remotely wake up a 722 (maybe with a timer?)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

shenglish

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 11, 2008
I had hoped the remote access feature would allow this, but unfortunately it does not.

I'm using secondary inputs on the slingbox to watch the 722; I use other inputs for different receiver and use the IR blaster for DISH.

So if I get the unit out of sleep mode ahead of time, I can watch by switching the input source on the slingbox. But no matter what it goes into sleep mode at 3 AM - so if I want to watch dish on the slingbox, I have to be at the unit to wake it up the day I want to watch it.

I'm leaving town Friday but would like to watch a potential Boston/Orlando game 7 Sunday - but the unit should be asleep then.

Is there any trick to get it out of sleep mode sunday morning? Could setting a timer to "auto tune" instead of "record" do the trick??

Auto-tune timers don't wake the box up anymore as of L618. It's a "known issue" they tell me.

Switch the input on the slingbox and use the power button on sling's remote control.

Arghhh, just after a little googling made me think the auto tune could work!!

I really hate to move the IR blasters and lose the functionality for the other receiver. I wonder if there is anywhere I could put them where they could reach both receivers somehow; seems unlikely. Maybe I should switch them just this once...

Have you tried using the "External" timer option? I think that was the point of this type of timer.

I just tried it using my Slingbox and it woke the receiver up. My ViP622 is running in Single mode if that makes any difference.

Hmm, no option for external timer on mine, looks like it needs to be enabled somehow from what I googled.

You could just use LogMeIn free for remote access and use IRCommand2 to control anything with your IR blaster.

Hmm, no option for external timer on mine, looks like it needs to be enabled somehow from what I googled.
You're getting warmer. ;) Perhaps you should try a search here rather than Google.

Menu->8->5->down->select

I'm thinking it was intended for use with the PocketDish.

I tried the auto tune function and it worked on my unit. Thanks for the help everyone!

Unfortunately thanks to a pathetic performance by Boston I will have to use this functionality to watch a game 7 Sunday!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts