Any way to stop recording on tuner 2?

WizeGuyDezignz

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 23, 2009
San Diego, Cali
I have a VIP 722 in Dual Mode. While something is recording on tuner 2, is there any way to stop the recording? I can't for the life of me figure it out. Thanks in advance!

If you aren't near the TV2 remote, just hit mode to go to single mode, then swap to swap the tuners. Then you can stop the recording with the TV1 remote. And if you want it back to the way you had it, then hit swap again and mode again.

Last edited:
If you aren't near the TV2 remote, just hit mode to go to single mode, then swap to swap he tuners. Then you can stop the recording with the TV1 remote. And if you want it back to the way you had it, then hit swap again and mode again.

But be careful with this method. I don't know if it was fixed/addressed in a software update, but a couple of years back (again, on a 522) I did exactly what you're describing with the mode change, and when I went back to dual mode, ALL of the TV2 timers had been switched to TV1 and wouldn't go back to the way I had them. I had to delete and remake like 50 timers for TV2 (mostly recurring auto tune timers for the kids cartoons and stuff). What a pain!

It works fine on a ViP722 (which the OP and I both have). I just tried it at the end of the BSU football game so that I could end the recording earlier than expected and there were not problems. (Timers still show normal)

Mode - Swap - Stop - Mode (that's probably the minimum amount of buttons to do the trick).

I just always go into the system info screen, Menu-6-1-3. It will tell you that it will disrupt TV2, then exit out and the recording has stopped. Of course if you are recording on TV1 this will disrupt that too.

Last edited:
Or a longer way is to open up recordings, click on schedule, than click on timers, than click on the timer for the show and delete it........this will stop recording--every time you start recording something a timer is set up.

Even on a recording that is not made ahead of time, but rather started half way into the show?

I wish they had a way to make it to where you could NOT stop the recording on TV2 that way everytime a recording comes on while your watching live tv or if two things are recording at the same time, someone watching on TV2 would not make it to where you lost your very important show you wanted recorded when they go and stop it. That would REALLY frustrate me to extremes! I have seen this happen with people before when two people use one receiver.

I wish they had a way to make it to where you could NOT stop the recording on TV2 that way everytime a recording comes on while your watching live tv or if two things are recording at the same time, someone watching on TV2 would not make it to where you lost your very important show you wanted recorded when they go and stop it. That would REALLY frustrate me to extremes! I have seen this happen with people before when two people use one receiver.
If it's that important, I wouldn't allow the other person to control the TV2 tuner at all, or get a 2nd receiver for that person. Those are 2 ways to have it not stop the recording on TV2.

If dish would waive all dvr fees beyond the first one instead of doing it on aep. They would probably move a lot more 612's and make things more family friendly.

I have a VIP 722 in Dual Mode. While something is recording on tuner 2, is there any way to stop the recording? I can't for the life of me figure it out. Thanks in advance!

Kill the timer
Menu > 7 > select recording > timer > delete

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts