Any WMUR Ch 9 updates????

n1wbd

Silent Key - RIP 1/2/2012
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Grafton,NH
Can anyone with contacts at Dish get a update to when they are going to "throw the switch" so the rest of NH residents outside the Boston DMA can watch WMUR. It would be GREATLY appreciated!

We need NH news!!!! Please!

Thanks in Advance
Bob N1WBD
Grafton,NH

n1wbd said:
Can anyone with contacts at Dish get a update to when they are going to "throw the switch" so the rest of NH residents outside the Boston DMA can watch WMUR. It would be GREATLY appreciated!

We need NH news!!!! Please!

Thanks in Advance
Bob N1WBD
Grafton,NH

6233 - WMUR - 110.0W TP 26 removed engineering only flag

6234 - WMUR - 110.0W TP 26 removed engineering only flag

This should be good news for you. Are you receiving WMUR now?

John

WMUR shuld be available on one of those 2 channels as long as you are in NH and outside the Boston DMA

on channel 66 if your receiver will map them to their normal channels. This one isnt on 9

Iceberg said:
WMUR shuld be available on one of those 2 channels as long as you are in NH and outside the Boston DMA on channel 66 if your receiver will map them to their normal channels. This one isnt on 9
Never understood why they do that for most of the Significantly Viewed stations.
At least for the Franklin County, PA SV stations from Harrisburg, they keep the original OTA designations.

Why 2 channels and aren't those numbers in the same range as they've been using for HD LiLs?

Is this a zip code thing? I'm right on (as in I look out my window and see NH) the Connecticut river which is the VT / NH border and WMUR has always been considered one of our local stations (although I still can't get it OTA), so I'm wondering if we'll get it.

jscud said:
6233 - WMUR - 110.0W TP 26 removed engineering only flag

6234 - WMUR - 110.0W TP 26 removed engineering only flag

This should be good news for you. Are you receiving WMUR now?

John

Nope not yet. Just cked it.

Good Morning,
I am new to the forum and this is my first post.
I am still not getting WMUR as of this morning(Friday).
Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

I don't understand why I get WMUR, I'm south of boston and closer to RI than NH! If I subscribe to comcast I get Boston and Providence locals, however with dish I get NH and MA, I think it is crazy that people in NH cannot get this NH channel but I way down here in MA do get it!! Something needs to be done because whoever controls who gets what channels (FCC?) is doing a terrible job, and why also is it different with satellite vs cable. One would think with rules so strict they would apply to everyone equally. Dish says they legally cannot give me RI channels through dish, i get most fine with an OTA, but local cable can give me them. Hope you all in NH get this channel soon..

cable has rules for carrying locals form the 70's...satellite is from 1999

WMUR is in the Boston DMA and is owned by the same people who owns the ABC station in Boston. The southern part of NH is in the Boston DMA

I don't understand why WMUR isnt in the rest of the state yet. Maybe a glitch?

GordonR said:
Good Morning,
I am new to the forum and this is my first post.
I am still not getting WMUR as of this morning(Friday).
Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

I think it's going to be one of those out of nowhere WMUR will pop up as available.
They just did that for WLED Ch 49 (NHPBS) a couple of weeks ago. We finally get get a NH station!! Yay!!

Now just waiting for WMUR.

Looks like today is the day:

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/060816/20060816005543.html?.v=1

DISH Network(TM) Enhances Local Channel Packages in New Hampshire

Wednesday August 16, 11:35 am ET

ABC Affiliate WMUR-TV -- New Hampshire's Only Local Broadcaster -- Now Available Statewide

ENGLEWOOD, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aug. 16, 2006--EchoStar Communications Corporation (Nasdaq: DISH - News) and its DISH Network(TM) satellite TV service announced today it now broadcasts WMUR-TV, the ABC affiliate in Manchester, to the entire state of New Hampshire. Residents who subscribe to DISH Network and choose to receive their local channels via satellite can now view their local New Hampshire station in their programming line-up.

DISH Network(TM) Enhances Local Channel Packages in New Hampshire

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/060816/20060816005543.html?.v=1

ABC Affiliate WMUR-TV -- New Hampshire's Only Local Broadcaster -- Now Available Statewide

ENGLEWOOD, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aug. 16, 2006--EchoStar Communications Corporation (Nasdaq:DISH - News) and its DISH Network(TM) satellite TV service announced today it now broadcasts WMUR-TV, the ABC affiliate in Manchester, to the entire state of New Hampshire. Residents who subscribe to DISH Network and choose to receive their local channels via satellite can now view their local New Hampshire station in their programming line-up.

DISH Network's ability to offer WMUR to all New Hampshire residents is the result of efforts by New Hampshire Sens. John Sununu and Judd Gregg and Reps. Charlie Bass and Jeb Bradley.

"I am very pleased that Congress removed the antiquated barrier that prevented all New Hampshire residents from obtaining the local news, weather, sports, and information of interest to them," stated Bass. "Now for the first time, every Granite Stater has access to WMUR and I am pleased that my efforts helped bring the most advanced services to the most rural parts of the state."

"DISH Network customers throughout New Hampshire now have more programming choices at a better price, with the ability to watch the news, weather and sports that matter most to them," said Eric Sahl, senior vice president of programming for DISH Network. "With the help of Sens. Sununu and Gregg as well as Reps. Bass and Bradley, we have been able to enhance the existing local channel line-up for all New Hampshire residents, further differentiating us from cable providers who are unable to offer WMUR statewide."

"A promise I made to my constituents has finally been realized in homes throughout New Hampshire's North Country," said Bradley. "I was proud to have worked with the rest of the New Hampshire Congressional Delegation to eliminate this unnecessary restriction."

Sen. Sununu and Reps. Bass and Bradley introduced bills that would allow the statewide distribution of WMUR. Sen. Sununu and Rep. Bass, members of the Commerce Committees, helped insert the language into the Satellite Home Viewer Extension and Reauthorization Act (SHVERA) during the committee process. After the bill passed, Rep. Bass played an active role in the negotiations between the station and the satellite TV industry that ultimately brought the signal to consumers statewide.

WMUR was started by former New Hampshire Governor Francis P. Murphy and was the state's first television station broadcasting a wide range of live programs including daily newscasts, local game shows, and movies.

To celebrate the launch of WMUR-TV to all New Hampshire residents who subscribe to DISH Network, the company is hosting a press conference today at 2:30 p.m. ET at the Radio Shack, an exclusive dealer of DISH Network, located at 96 Fort Eddy Road in Concord, N.H. Consumers will have the opportunity to learn more about DISH Network's products and services as well as hear Congressmen Bass and Bradley speak about what this new development means to residents throughout the state.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)