Any Word from E* on AEP Price Increase and Credits?

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
I know that there is already a thread on the price increase and that it discusses this topic but it is now over 50 pages long and much od the postings are speculation about this.

I know that the price of this package is going up by $15 but did we ever get word from DISH (not our own speculation) about who is eligible for the $10 and $5 credits and for how long.

Sorry if I seem to dismiss people's honest interpretations but we are sometimes wrong on these things--------like how the digital switchover would mean the end of superstations. I just thought it might be useful to ask if we have any OFFICIAL word.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know that there is already a thread on the price increase and that it discusses this topic but it is now over 50 pages long and much od the postings are speculation about this.

I know that the price of this package is going up by $15 but did we ever get word from DISH (not our own speculation) about who is eligible for the $10 and $5 credits and for how long.

I don't think you'll get any credits unless you joined Dish within a year of the price increase, and then you only get the credit for the duration of your 1st year.

I don't think you'll get any credits unless you joined Dish within a year of the price increase, and then you only get the credit for the duration of your 1st year.

There is an additional $5 credit for newer customers, but the $10 for 18 months does apply to older customers.

I do not think you will find any new insight until CES and Scott gets the chance to ask detailed questions of Dish execs.

I guess then that the answer is no we have not heard anything officail. Sorry about calling DISH D*.

As you can see in the other thread there are two schools of thought on how to read the original info. This thread was intended not to discuss how we all interpret it but whether DISH has weighed on on the subject.

And yes I realize I can't stop folks from posting whatt hey want in any thread even if it differs from what the thread starter was talking about. I have probably been a "bad boy" on that score myself more often than most.

FWIW I called DISH and initiated a chat. In both cases I was told that the $15.00 per month increase will apply to all AEP subs but that we all get a $10 credit for 18 months. That applies to anyone who activates before the specified date. It does NOT apply only to those who signed up within a year of the increase.

I am not sure that is "official" but it is straight from DISH.

Not official, but the price protection seems to apply to those under contract, not to everyone. In my experience CSRs will say anything to get you off the phone/chat when it comes to interpretations of future events. In this case saying the credits apply to everyone will make everyone happy until they get the bill. Then when people call back it's some one else's proble,. :)

Scott's paperwork is pretty cut & dry. Price protection credits are for newer customers & the $10 per month credit for 18 is for anyone on AEP with 1 exception. You have to have free hd to begin with in order to qualify for this credit, if not you will just get the hd fee waived "hd free for life".

Actually the paperwork we have seen is not cut and dry at all----and all the back and forth in the other thread shows that. While some read it to mean the credits apply only to new customers others read the statement "Subscribers who activated anytime prior to 1/17/2013" to mean that we all get the credit.

If a customer was activated between 3/1/12 & 1/16/13 they will receive a price protection credit on top of the aep credit if they have it. Here's the catch....customers price protection credits end a year after activation, but do not start until 1/17. So for someone who activated on 3/2/12, their protection credits end on 3/1/13. In reality they'll only receive 1 1/2 months of price protection credits.

So for someone who activated on 3/2/12, their protection credits end on 3/1/13. In reality they'll only receive 1 1/2 months of price protection credits.

Boy talk about a fast rude awakening!

Don't get too upset just yet. That is his interpretation. While many agree with it others think it is incorrect. Afgain it si like the many controversies where some thought the superstations were going away while others thought they were not. DISH never weighed in on those controversies. Maybe they will on this one.

Just browsing over the new proposed price increases from both Dish and DTV...We have AT250 which is comparable to the Ultimate pack.With the new prices there will only be $3 difference.The savings are really shrinking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)