ANY word on the coming SWM Slimline?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dishbd

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 4, 2007
Desperate baseball fan (& E* customer) here, waiting for the new Slimline dish with the SWM built in to the lnb. Has anyone heard any news on an ETA as to when this will be coming out?

The last I heard was Q2 of this year and that was from a slide show presentation to investors or something like that. So Q2 is here, any new info?

Thanks!!!

We know it has been in testing for a while. No info on official release.

I would expect "late" Q2, if not into Q3.

It is possible - strictly speculation - that they may hold off and go to the new slimline that they are working on for the D12 launch. That wouldn't be needed until mid/late 2009, but they work on this stuff a year out or so.

Conceivably they could hold off until then on mass production if they wanted to. At this point the SWM stuff is much more expensive than the current option.

I've heard nothing saying this, just something that came to my mind when thinking about the new swm slimline they have developed. Hopefully they'll ramp up production and go mainstream :)

It is a new switch that is single-wire for the DVRs.

They are developing the technology into the lnb that could support 8 tuners (4 dvrs) via one wire coming into the home then split once inside.

Directv said Q2 as a target release time, which could be as long as late-June. It will still be a while after release before they are used as a main-stream install item nationwide, based on what they have done with other product rollouts.

Status
Please reply by conversation.