Any word on the when we can add a usb harddrive to the 942?????

cobalt

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 19, 2004
I am a huge nfl fan and I keep filling up my 942 with hd games. I would love to be able to add a 350 gig usb hd to the 942 and double my storage space. Is there any world on when and if this feature will be activated. Thanks in advance.

I just don't understand why you would make the option "somewhat" viewable on an option screen but never plan on activating it. I'm using a card reader right now to have the 942 view photos. It couldn't take that much additional code to allow the 942 to read a hard drive. Or is dish waiting until they can release a dish usb harddrive that would only allow you to use it and no other brands, then dish could charge 400.00 for a 200.00 drive. Thanks for the responses.

Yup. I really want this one too. And E* will make it available right after they put up our Washington, DC HD locals!

Maybe we will have some new shopping channels in the meantime. ;)

--Doug

They are just teasing you 942 owners. It actually won't appear until the 962 ships.

Put this in the same catagory as Dish Home on the 921 or NBR on the 501 series of DVRs.

You can take it out of the DirecTivo and replace it with a larger one. I am not sure if you can do it with the new DirecTv DVR that is not the Tivo version.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts