Any Word When Pittsburgh Hd Go Live?

I just called Dish, what a waist of time. First I tell her Pittsburgh locals in HD are available in my area and Iam going to need another LNB for 118.7. She tells me they are not available and when they are I will be able to receive them with what i have. What i have is 110,119,129. So from what i gather on this site Dish service dosen't know what there talking about . I quess its go through ceo@dishnetwork.com again.

Last edited:
Actually Nate you need a new dish called Dish 500+ to get 118.

Hey, just found I *do* have a Dish 500 and if my System Info screen is to be trusted, am pointed at 119, 110 and 61.5.

But still no locals. Do I need to do something to see them? What channel are they?

Thanks!
Nate

Hey, just found I *do* have a Dish 500 and if my System Info screen is to be trusted, am pointed at 119, 110 and 61.5.

But still no locals. Do I need to do something to see them? What channel are they?

Thanks!
Nate

I'm trying to figure this out as well, but I'm pretty sure that a Dish 500 is not the same as a Dish 500+. Also, 118.7 is not the same as 119.

Scott

:mad: I called also and was on the phone for 2 hours!!!!!!!!!! Then they turn my SD locals off till the Dish 1000+ install on Tuesday. Then I had to argue with them to turn my locals back on. What a pain in the A**!!! Why do they have to make things so difficult?

Are SDs being turned off?

I have been anxiously awaiting for my Pittsburgh HD locals. However I have noticed several posts in this thread indicate that the local SDs are being turned off when the HDs are turned on.
Is this true? If so, what about the SD only receivers in the house. We use our 508 primarily for locals.
Also should I call Dish or a local installer to request a dish 1000+ upgrade.

Thanks for any info.

I just got off the phone from making my appointment to convert my Dish 500 to a +. They told me $59.95 with an additional one year agreement. $99.00 without. How are you guys getting this done for free? I spoke with three different people about it in customer support

Thank God I am not the only one getting fed a line of B&^lshi%....
YOU must --- I repeat ----- YOU must talk to a technical support person.. They are very knowledgeable and speak English. DO NOT let him or her put you on hold --- the phone will disconnect.

I told the tech guy my situation about just getting the 1000 and I was cancelling my contract. 10 min later ----- Bingo ------ I have a tech coming to install the 1000+ with a DPP44 switch on Tues ------ all for FREE.

Dish is really starting to turn my stomach, but the tech guys ALWAYS save the day.

The people in my neighborhood think I am talking to Aliens (with all these damn dishes and huge antennas on my roof.

My SD locals DID NOT get turned off.

I lost my locals too. I spent some time with tech support last night and they cannot turn them back on till after the upgrade. I lost my HD guide data for my OTA stuff on my 622 because of this also. I have to suffer for over a week now till they get here.

I lost my locals too. I spent some time with tech support last night and they cannot turn them back on till after the upgrade. QUOTE]

Hotrodr
They turned mine back on, so they can do the same for you!!! Don't take there crap, ask to speak to a supervisor and demand that they put them back on. You are paying for them!!!!

Talking to them now. Saying that I can either pay $59 or be under a 1 year commitment. Waiting for a supervisor now.

Just got my service ~5 months ago. Asked at the time whether what I had would be good for HD Locals and they said yes.

Supervisor saying he can't wave the commitment. I'm actually considering switching back to Comcast *shudder* over this.

I'm so glad FIOS TV will be available mid to late 2007.

Update - talked to a third person. I'm not sure if she was a supervisor, but she was the most helpful of the three. I will be paying $50 with no commitment.

Here were the *official* options:
1. $59 + 1 year commitment
2. $199 + no commitment

They were willing to go down to:
1. $0 + 1 year commitment
2. $50 + no commitment

I'm not entirely happy since I specifically asked when I signed up 5 months ago whether I would be getting the HD locals with the dishes that they had already installed, but I'm happy enough that I won't leave for Comcast.

Also, as others have said, they will remove your SD locals when you sign up. The last person I spoke with added them back (she had to cancel the order and re-submit it).

Scott

Last edited:
My install is going to be Thursday morning. One of you guys will probably get yours first. If I could keep the original antenna, I could at least sell it to recoup the cost. On the phone they told me it might not be a problem to keep it. I believe you cannot retrofit a 1000 to a 1000+ using the original reflector so 1000 users should get all new gear and switch. Let me know what happens in your situations.

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts