Anybody Else Having This Issue???

Carroll A

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 6, 2004
Hello guys just a real quick question... I have a 510 and a 301 rcvr... I have lost most of the channels coming off 119 yet I am getting very good signal readings... It has been very hot here in northern IL the past few days so I am wondering if it is a LNBF issue or could it be a bad switch??? It just started happening around Noon CDT so I am thinking something may have gave up the ghost... Any advice or suggestions?????? CC

Do a check-switch scan, first of all. After that's complete, find out what your signal is on the 119 and 110. Usually transponder 11 is a nice and safe one to test for both birds..

You may be correct on the LNB taking a dump. But this will help to verify things.

Hey I have been having the same problems with 119 and no channels but a strong signal and I live in SW Wisc. I wonder if it is a local thing for our geographical area or is my lnb going bad too. Seems strange that we would both be having the same problem at the same time but it is awfully hot here the past week or so.

cousineddie said:
Hey I have been having the same problems with 119 and no channels but a strong signal and I live in SW Wisc. I wonder if it is a local thing for our geographical area or is my lnb going bad too. Seems strange that we would both be having the same problem at the same time but it is awfully hot here the past week or so.

HMMMMMMM I am in Rockford amd today it was in the upper 90's... It is going to be hot here again tomorrow so if it does the same thing atleast for me it is a heat issue... I was able to track down which transponders that were giving me the problems and oddly enough the lowest signal I got was around 85... The transponders that were killing my channels were 4, 6 and 18... Right now everything is back to normal so it could very well be heat related... CC

In the Madison WI area with identical issue. Temps in the 90's this week. Signal lock on 119, but no channels with the "002" error showing transponder 4.

It has to be heat related as I have no issues in the cool hours of the morning, or later at night.

SpenceJT said:
In the Madison WI area with identical issue. Temps in the 90's this week. Signal lock on 119, but no channels with the "002" error showing transponder 4.

It has to be heat related as I have no issues in the cool hours of the morning, or later at night.

This is interesting with heat related problems on the 119, signal shows fine but your loosing channels. I was on a trouble call a week ago where the 119 signal showed fine but the customer still was loosing channels off the 119, I ended up replacing the Superdish with a Dish 500 utilizing two DP Singles. In that area the local channels no longer came off the 121 so the SD was no longer needed.

Question: what type of LNBs are ya'll using? DPP Twin?

My personal setup is using three DP Duals and both of the dishes pretty much blaze in the sun all day, I don't have any heat related issues (yet?). Everything heat related so far from what I have personally seen with my own eyes is the DPP Twins and SD LNBs.

Last edited:
similar issue

I'm having a similar issue in Owensboro, Kentucky. Have a 501, 508 and a 311. The 500s started losing 119 in the heat of the day and we would spray the LNBs with water and they would come back for a while...but now they are off all the time. The 311 is fine. Switched receivers around and the problem follows the 500 receivers.

Called dish and they said the receivers are bad and should be replaced. But it seems odd that both the 501 and the 508 would go out at the same time.

Same problem here!

Must be heat related. I'm in Lansing, MI and for the past two days we have been in the upper 90's durring the day. Channels on 119 go in and out with 90% signal strength. As soon as it starts to cool down in the evening, everything is back to normal.

I'm using a superdish 121 - I was going to buy a new LNB, but now I'm wonding if that will even fix it.

I wonder why the heat does not seem to bother the channels on 110.

If you all have a Superdish 121, there was some bad LNBF's that were heat sensative. Get them replaced :)

The 119 LNB was the issue

On my 105 SuperDish the 119 lnb had to be replaced not to long ago. It also had high temperature related issues such as they describe. Strange thing though switch test did not identify a problem.

Last edited:
Do you know the batch number on these bad 121 lnbfs?? We are having a lot of trouble w/them in Illinois,especially the extremely hot days. I thought dishnet's equip w/heat was up to par.

Carroll A said:
Hello guys just a real quick question... I have a 510 and a 301 rcvr... I have lost most of the channels coming off 119 yet I am getting very good signal readings... It has been very hot here in northern IL the past few days so I am wondering if it is a LNBF issue or could it be a bad switch??? It just started happening around Noon CDT so I am thinking something may have gave up the ghost... Any advice or suggestions?????? CC

I am in NW Ohio...having the same problem...the 510 loses the programming, but the 3-something works fine. I did call tech support today, and was told that they are having problems with this, and that there is nothing that they can do about it...no mention on their part about faulty LNBs or otherwise.
My neighbor also is experiencing signal losses.

Well the temp here in Rockford is 83 today and right at around 12PM CDT I started to loose the same channels today... Transponder 4.6. and 18... Since I called Dish lastweek they said if the problem came back to call them and they would send a tech out to change LNB's or even at no cost to me remove the superdish for a D500... We will see what happens Friday... The tech person I talked to today said that he noticed a drastic upswing in calls with the same problem I am having... He could not explain what was going on, but something within the LNB's on most 105 and 121 super dish seems to be where the problems are coming from... Hope that helps... CC

mine is fixed

Got a new LNB installed this evening for my Superdish 105. It has fixed my problem so far and I had lost channels on my 508 and 510, at first in the heat of the day then they went out all the time. My 311 worked fine the whole time. I guess the true test will be tomorrow. Its supposed to be in the lower 90's again.

HD channel/package question

Mid day outages

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)