Anybody get HD Distant locals??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jsanders

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 4, 2003
I'm in the SF DMA, and HD LIL isn't available yet in my area.

I'm curious if anyone in a situation similar to mine has managed to get HD Distants.

If you got them, how did you do it?

The language from their press release made it sound like it is possible to do. However, when dealing with Dish CSRs, it is always better to be informed of what is possible or not before you call. I don't know how many times I've used the phrase, "That isn't true at all...." with a CSR, and then told them how things really work.

Anybody have HD distants?

San Antonio is the only one that was on the xls sheet to actually be added to ECHO X, but that has yet to happen.

These other markets should be added before June is over.

San Francisco/Oakland/San Jose, CA
Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX
Houston, TX
Seattle/Tacoma, WA
Phoenix, AZ
Miami/Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Sacramento/Stockton/Modesto, CA
Portland, OR
San Diego, CA
Spokane, WA

Hmmm. I get my OTA channels perfectly. If I get the LIL HD networks, I want to see them from somewhere else. I get the LA CBS HD, and that is fun, cuz I can watch the LA car chases on the news. It would be great if we could fully utilize this the way they said we could. That is, order them ala carte. CBS in LA, NBC in Denver, and ABC in NYCm, and Fox in Anchorage. That would be cool!

jsanders said:
Hmmm. I get my OTA channels perfectly. If I get the LIL HD networks, I want to see them from somewhere else. I get the LA CBS HD, and that is fun, cuz I can watch the LA car chases on the news. It would be great if we could fully utilize this the way they said we could. That is, order them ala carte. CBS in LA, NBC in Denver, and ABC in NYCm, and Fox in Anchorage. That would be cool!

Yeah it would, but the NAB will make sure it never happens. The new satellite bill specifically limits those eligible for Digital DNS to stations in their own time zone (except Alaska and Hawaii).

NightRyder

I've heard about that time zone clause. It seems to me that they shouldn't mind if it you went to a time zone behind you though. I have a friend with the NYC CBS HD (living in CA), and he has prime time already recorded when he gets home from work. That is very nice, and probably what they don't want you to do. But why restrict people on the east cost from receiving Denver, or LA??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)