Anybody gotten a 921 lately???

pbrown said:
Mike, for what its worth, my OTA has been great, and I don't even live very close to the transmitters. I know there have been problems for others, but once I got my antenna locked in, I've got every station I would want.

I hear you - I have friend that has a 921 and the OTA issues seem to be getting better. The biggest problem for me is that there is no guide. I can't understand how Dish could spend so long developing the 921 and not have an OTA guide. It makes no sense to me - but I am rather slow!

SpenceJT said:
cmaier,

I signed onto Dish Depot's waiting list at around the same time as you.

Spoke with Mark at DD today and he has confirmed that he's receiving another large shipment (I think he mentioned 20 units) this week. He said he would be processing my order today, so I'm guessing that he has the units (or will have them very soon) and is busy shipping them out!

I am soon to become a member in the growing club of happily frustrated 921 owners! :D

Regards,
Spence
I'm on the dishstore, not dishdepot list. I may have chosen wrongly ;-)

cmaier said:
I'm on the dishstore, not dishdepot list. I may have chosen wrongly ;-)

I highly doubt that you have chosen wrongly! Scott & DishStore are every bit as capable. It all depends on how Dish Network distributes the product.

For a long time, it was Dish Depot that was receiving only one or two units per week (sometimes none at all). Now it appears that some flood gates have opened up.

I am sure it is only a matter of time before Scott & DishStore begin receiving larger shippments of the 921.

Keep the faith! :)

Spence

John Kotches said:
Scott,

How long is the backlog now?

Do the latest crop of 921s have the Firewire ports still on the chassis, or are they gone?

Cheers,
They appear to be gone (perhaps just covered by the back cover).

Ah... well, I *almost* got it. Turns out someone beat me to it, so I'm told the next one to come in is mine. Leaves me time to go buy my coax for the last bit of the second run and prepare my wife for the credit card bill :)

I don't know why people get so nervous for not getting a 921 now. Last deal at Ebay was US$ 1075.00 . Considering you don't pay sales tax it's very close to the MSRP.

slimoli said:
I don't know why people get so nervous for not getting a 921 now. Last deal at Ebay was US$ 1075.00 . Considering you don't pay sales tax it's very close to the MSRP.

I would be careful about buying them off Ebay, it could be someone unloading one that is defective.

cmaier said:
Ah... well, I *almost* got it. Turns out someone beat me to it, so I'm told the next one to come in is mine. Leaves me time to go buy my coax for the last bit of the second run and prepare my wife for the credit card bill :)

Sorry about that, that was my fault.

Someone else I contacted told me they did not want it, and then changed their mind and called Claude within minutes of hanging up with me.

I thought you unit was available, but infact it was sold to the person who origionally didn't want it.

I do appologize, but it must feel good to be #1. :D

Finally got my tracking number this morning from DishDepot (they had contact me last Friday :) Could not wait any longer for tomorrow's UPS truck.......... The six plus months of waiting is soon to be over. Hope everything works since it is still relatively bugy at this point.

We just got another shipment of units this morning. :)

I will be calling and emailing folks in a few minutes.

I am also emailing the next group of people in line to let them know they are coming up soon. :)

I got my Dish Depot tracking number today as well. I'm certainly willing to put up with a few "quirks" to be able to record HD and have a 2-tuner unit (without having to pay the extra fee for 2 receivers!) OTA is not a consideration for me since I'm at least 60 miles from network transmitters (though I'll be interested in seeing if I can get any signal from the PAX station that's less than 40 miles from me.) I do hope some of the re-booting issues I've been reading about will be fixed with the next software upgrade.

Knock on wood, so far my unit has been reasonably well behaved. I do reboot every few days and the OTA channels seem to need a little help every now and again. Sometimes the channesl show as not found and I go into the Add DTV function, enter the missing channel number (the "real" one, not the remapped one) and this makes the channel appear when I finish the local channels screen.

Mine is slated for delivery on Wednesday June 30th, but the tracking information still says that it is in Jacksonville Fla. (since 6/25)

...whoops! It was updated just this past hour. The package has arrived at the main UPS hub in Wisconsin. It should get loaded onto the truck bound for Madison this afternoon and will be waiting on my doorstep tomorrow! :)

921 are going on Ebay for US$975.00 now...Brand new according to the seller...I think I will wait for the 942 though..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts