Anybody have 2 Hoppers and 6 Joeys successfully installed yet

Boonedocks

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 19, 2009
Had 2H & 4J successfully installed and then had a tech come out last Saturday to add two more Joeys. The tech was there from 8:30 until ~3:30 and left with everything back to the way it was when he arrived. Have any of you had a successful install of 2H & 6J? Could you post pictures or descriptions of your install? This tech had only done 3 regular HJ installs and had no clue what he was doing. Please share your configurations and set ups so I can tell him what to do when he comes back out this Saturday.

Thanks

There's nothing really unique with that configuration unless there's some complicated wiring issues at your home. Even then, it should follow the wiring diagrams....

Hopper and Joey Wiring Diagrams

I would at least message DIRT to see if they are seeing any trouble with adding more joeys beyond 4.

Also consider posting how everything is currently connected to the node and how you plan to add the other two joeys to that duo node based on the wiring diagrams. My guess is that in most cases two way splitters become three way splitters.

Last edited:
I have 2 Hopper 5 Joeys. No problem with 3 Joeys linked to one Hopper. It has a three way splitter on that one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)