Anybody have a pocketdish?

suerapp

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 2, 2005
Thinking of getting one-what model is the best and what do you like about it?

I also have the 7 inch model and LOVE IT. This is one product that the marketing folks at Dish have really not marketed well that really does work as advertised.

My 7" works great, I hook it up to the tv in the hotel room and use the remote. The picture looks good on a 19"-27" tv.

riffjim4069 said:
Just out of curiosity, is the Pocketdish covered under the DHPP warranty?
Never mind, just answered my own questions:

3. What is Covered: The Plan covers repair or replacement of defects in materials or workmanship for DISH Network Direct Broadcast Satellite ("DBS") video hardware, remote controls, antennae, or switches that were i) purchased or leased by You, (ii) that are activated on your DISH Network programming account, and (iii) that are installed at your residential location (“Covered Product”). Your residence must be in an area where you can legally receive DBS transmissions from a DISH Network satellite

I have the AV700e and for the most part I do like it. I just used it on a business trip last week and I got a number of questions about it. It is very well built and the travel charger is fairly compact.

I was wondering what you other owners thought about the screen resolution.

Pocketdish vs

I went to Sound Advice today and looked at the Archos AV700 which is similar to pocketdish-just to get a feel for what the thing is and how it works. I was disappointed in the display-had to tilt it to see and it doesnt have a kickstand.
Also couldnt get the audio up loud enough (neither could the salesman) which means you have to always use ear buds.

I got the Pocket Dish AV500 (4" screen) and am very happy with it. I use it often traveling on business and despite any shortcomings (every type of entertainment unit has some) I'm really pleased with it.

LT

suerapp said:
I went to Sound Advice today and looked at the Archos AV700 which is similar to pocketdish-just to get a feel for what the thing is and how it works. I was disappointed in the display-had to tilt it to see and it doesnt have a kickstand.
Also couldnt get the audio up loud enough (neither could the salesman) which means you have to always use ear buds.

The AV700 comes standard with kick-stand. The one you saw was either broke, or the sales guy couldn't find it...

The audio quality/volume is also determined by the settings for which the item was recorded WHEN it was recorded on the unit's harddrive. The audio out isn't great I grant you, but most of the time you will be using headphones with the unit anyway...

MichaelG said:
I have the AV700e and for the most part I do like it. I just used it on a business trip last week and I got a number of questions about it. It is very well built and the travel charger is fairly compact.

I was wondering what you other owners thought about the screen resolution.

I have the 402E and like the pic quality although not as good as my video ipod.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)