Anybody have any luck making custom 722 groups transfer to EHD?

steve4810

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 27, 2006
Did a search but only saw folks saying for years that it didn't work for them and asking if it can be done but no one seemed to know the real answer.

Ice Berg seemed to say he had a setup switch that did this on his 211 EHD but I couldn't find any thing like that on my 722.

Also I noticed the system made group icons for multiple episodes were white while the custom group icons are gray (if that means anything).

I don't know of any way to be able to do it. That would be an awesome mod if they would allow users to do so. My EHD is an unholy mess of movies and takes a while to flip through them.

It would help if you could advance through the alphabetical list pressing 1 to 9 to go to (n-1)/8 of the list.
That is, 1 takes you to the top (A), 9 take you to the bottom (Z), and 5 takes you to the middle (M or N).
This is/was available on the internal list of programs/groups on some of the recorders.
It could be made available on almost all lists with a little programming--doesn't interfere with anything else.
-Ken

Why can it not stay on the EHD list item after you view it. With 100's of recordings it takes a long time to get back to where you were and change/view/delete the next one. Add Delete button when in Send mode as well as Manage mode--again sticking at that line.
-K

Last edited:
Use smaller hard drives and have one set aside for each genre or program title, that's the only way to do it.

I agree it's a real pain to not be able to group movies and/or at least alphabetize it.
And it is so arbitrary! This is something that probably can be performed quite easily... and I say that making enhancements that make the EHD easier to use makes it much more likely someone sticks with Dish for the long haul, as 1 to 2 TBs of programming is hard to let go of.

I agree it's a real pain to not be able to group movies and/or at least alphabetize it.
You can set the choice of alphabetical or record data ordering for the internal recordings list.
That choice carries over to the EHD. Other choices do not work--I think.
I keep the name and record date in my spreadsheet,
so I can order it and the Dish list in the same way.
Note, alphabetic in the Dish list places uppercase before lower case.
Many SS ignore case. Interesting that Dish search ignores case.
And modifying the name is initial cap with no way to have others.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts