Anybody have any tips for negotiating with DishNetwork?

Have you decided what package you're willing to drop down to?

Negotiation is largely futile unless they're not delivering what you're subscribing to in which case they give you a dollar or two discount per channel.

The only sure way to get a deal is for them to offer it first or doing a Club Dish referral. I received a postcard yesterday offering $186 worth of discounts for a year or a free ViP622 and some free HBO and Showtime months.

They have been giving $10 off per month for a year and free cinemax and hbo for three months for some people that have called in. They also have the free cinemax for a year promotion when you have paperless billing.

First - how long have you been a subscriber? If less than a year, don't expect or demand much. Dish hasn't even come close to breaking even with you yet and really shouldn't offer any more discounts so that they bury themselves deeper in the red.

Second - If more than 18 months you will have a better chance. Just be polite, ask don't demand, and if you have a better offer from a competitor share it with them.

First you have to say to yourself if it doesnt work, then I am going to DirecTV.

Thats what I did. I tell them that I am getting all these things as a new cust of Direct, then they will match it.

But it the end, Dish lied to me. I had to make a 2nd call to them to tell them why they are lying!? Taking down the CSR # doesnt help. You should tell them you are recording the conversations.

First you have to say to yourself if it doesnt work, then I am going to DirecTV.

Thats what I did. I tell them that I am getting all these things as a new cust of Direct, then they will match it.

But it the end, Dish lied to me. I had to make a 2nd call to them to tell them why they are lying!? Taking down the CSR # doesnt help. You should tell them you are recording the conversations.
???????????????????????

Have you decided what package you're willing to drop down to?

Negotiation is largely futile unless they're not delivering what you're subscribing to in which case they give you a dollar or two discount per channel.

The only sure way to get a deal is for them to offer it first or doing a Club Dish referral. I received a postcard yesterday offering $186 worth of discounts for a year or a free ViP622 and some free HBO and Showtime months.

would agree here....What type of negotiating are you looking at doing? New equipment, new programming, price discount. I am new to the Dish side, but from my previous years with Directv. I also felt, that polite discussion on just asking if there were any "current promo price/channel deals" going on was always a good starting point with a CSR.

I have been thinking about calling up and negotiating a lower rate with them.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

What are you? special?

How about if you can't afford what you pay now then just downgrade to a lower package.

"It's all about me. It's all about free."

You wanna barter go to Turkey.

would agree here....What type of negotiating are you looking at doing? New equipment, new programming, price discount. I am new to the Dish side, but from my previous years with Directv. I also felt, that polite discussion on just asking if there were any "current promo price/channel deals" going on was always a good starting point with a CSR.

I just want a lower rate.

I am happy with the package I have, but it has gone up about $10 a month since I got it.

What are you? special?

How about if you can't afford what you pay now then just downgrade to a lower package.

"It's all about me. It's all about free."

You wanna barter go to Turkey.

I believe in the art of negotiation.

It seldom hurts to ask for a better deal.

You are welcome to call them too.

I would encourage it.

First - how long have you been a subscriber? If less than a year, don't expect or demand much. Dish hasn't even come close to breaking even with you yet and really shouldn't offer any more discounts so that they bury themselves deeper in the red.

Second - If more than 18 months you will have a better chance. Just be polite, ask don't demand, and if you have a better offer from a competitor share it with them.

I have been a subscriber for over 18 months.

I would encourage it.

I've already got a good deal.

businesses expect to make a certain level of profit. if they don't, they tend to raise rates to put them where they need to be. your deal-making just impacts the bottom line and forces rate hikes across the board for everyone, yourself included. pay now or pay later but your gonna pay.

businesses expect to make a certain level of profit. if they don't, they tend to raise rates to put them where they need to be. your deal-making just impacts the bottom line and forces rate hikes across the board for everyone, yourself included. pay now or pay later but your gonna pay.

Hmm... I think that's one of the few times I've seen someone use their brain in understanding how a business operates. Well done. You're in the minority though, most customers are idiots and want free, regardless of who pays so long as it's not them.

If DISH gave everyone everything they wanted for free, there would be some moron out there that would want DISH to pay them for being a customer.

I'm sure a lot of it depends on how long you've been a customer and how many services your maintain. Assuming you're a good customer ($90+ bill each month), I would call to cancel your service 30-days in advance. You will be transferred to Customer Retention and tell them your local cable provider is offering bundled services which would make your overall bill $30 cheaper. They will probably offer you a $10 credit for 6-months, but I woudl hold-out for $20 off for 12-months and a premium movie channel. If you don't like the retention offer, they will most likely call you two more times during the 30-days you are waiting to disconnect service. In the unlikely event they offer you nothing, you can always cancel your disconnect.

I would encourage it.
How have your negotiations gone with your Dentist, your Doctor, your Electric company, your grocery store, your gas station?????:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts