Anybody here have any brand loyalty?

I bought two Mazdas and two Chryslers. My wife also bought two Nissans, and I had a Datsun pickup in my youth. If you count Datsun as a "Nissan", then I guess it holds the record at least for cars. I did a lot of business with DEC computers and parts. But alas, DEC was destroyed by bad management.

Reactions: ncted
We've been very happy with our Toyota vehicles over the years. Currently we're on our second RAV4, and both of our daughters also have RAV4's.

What categories? Cloths washer, LG Dish washer Bosch, refrigerator LG, . For cars I like my Dodge Charger. If I ever buy another new car It will be a Japan brand. Either Toyota, Honda or Mazda which usually last over 300,000 miles. No electric cars for me. At my age maybe the charger might take me to the grave. Only have a little over 25,000 miles on a 2018.

IMHO, brand loyalty is something based on a perceived quality, rather than just a preference. Mostly applicable to major manufactured goods. It can also apply to retailers, as between one that is a deep discounter of crap, and a retailer of quality stuff. For example, I like Coke, and think Pepsi is disgusting, but that isn’t “brand loyalty”. It is just a taste preference.

As to cars, I stick to so-called “foreign” cars (companies that started in other places and now make cars worldwide, including in the USA) over so-called “American” cars (companies that started in Michigan and now make cars worldwide, including communist China, Vietnam, etc). Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. “Asian” and “European” brands are just massively higher in quality.

Phones? Apple. Mostly just because I know how it works and don’t need to learn something new.

Clothes. Duluth Trading. Excellent stuff, lasts forever. LL Bean for dressier stuff. Brooks Brothers for suits and office wear, never goes out of style.

TV. Sony. Never had a bad one.

TV service. DirecTV. Works properly, full of CONTENT, not trying to save a nickel. If I wanted less, I would just watch Pluto and STIRR.

Retailers. Kroger. Menard’s.

Consumer products. Tide. Crest. Scope. Pretty much whatever P&G makes.

Airlines. American. But mostly because I am at the spoke end of the “hub and spoke” system, and prefer the American hub (CLT) to the Delta (ATL) and United (ORD) ones.

Hotels. The Hilton family. You know what you are getting. No surprises.

I did a lot of business with DEC computers and parts. But alas, DEC was destroyed by bad management.
If DEC was still around, I'd still be loyal to DEC. Same thing for SGI of the late 90s. There is no equivalent loyalty I feel to any modern company. Apple might be the closest contemporary equivalent, but it just isn't the same thing. That said, I will continue to purchase Sony TVs, despite the annoying GoogleTV "integration", until I get a bad one, which has yet to happen. I've had too many TVs from Samsung, LG, and Vizio go bad too soon. I realize I am dealing with a very small sample size, but that is what my experience has taught me to this point.

Reactions: Foxbat and TheKrell
Good humour ice cream
Coke McDonald’s
Good Humor, ah yes. I remember the Good Humor man who rode a three wheeler through the Aqueduct Park at the top of W 182nd St. in the Bronx back in the late 40's early 50's. Needless to say I was always begging but it got me nowhere.

Good_Humor_Ice_Cream_Trike_-_Original_-_1_1024x1024.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Foxbat and TheKrell
Zero "Brand" Loyalty. have owned vehicles made by Datsun, VW, GM, Dodge, Subaru, Ford, Porsche and Jeep. None were so much better than the other as to inspire loyalty to the brand. Same goes for all types of consumer goods. It all depends on the individual product.

Huh?
None were so much better than the other as to inspire loyalty to the brand.
You put me in mind of the late/great Road and Track magazine for car enthusiasts like myself. God I lusted after a Lamborghini Quattroporte when I was a teen. Never had the wherewithall to buy one of those Italian supercars. But I did buy a pretty exotic '82 Mazda RX7. R&T used to poll their readers with a ton of questions and report the results. RX7 owners were tied with Porsche 944 owners for the highest fraction (96%) who would buy another. I wonder what those fractions are nowadays?

Joule makes an immersion circulator- a Sous Vide stick.
Just how many Joule-brand Sous Vide sticks did you have to buy? :eeek If only one, I don't see how you can claim brand loyalty. If on the other hand they crap out frequently, then why buy another?

We bought a Joule Sous Vide immersion circulator. Loved it so much we bought another. Then decided we’d like that capability at our RV, but felt we should try a less expensive brand.

I may post an in depth review later, but the Anova Nano we bought was quite disappointing. Usable, but quite restricted, especially as to overly sensitive to water depth.

We were in the habit of leaving one of the Sous Vide sticks in a container of water, ready to go. We could preheat the water before getting home from work. Or we would leave a chunk of frozen meat in the water before going to work, and turn it on later. Perfect food ready for supper time.

It was a bad idea. Way too much time in the water = rust. Tiny area around the impeller. We could use two at home so we bought another one. Another Joule. And they only stay in water while cooking.

Very happy with these things.

Reactions: TheKrell
I may post an in depth review later, but the Anova Nano we bought was quite disappointing. Usable, but quite restricted, especially as to overly sensitive to water depth.

I have several from Anova. The fixed clamp on the Nano is a poor design, I tossed the one I tried. The other models work fine.

Reactions: navychop
I’ve read they all seem to have a narrower range of acceptable water depth. This is my biggest complaint.

The Nano is lower powered and takes longer to heat up, and moves the water less. And sometimes goes as far as 2 degrees off target. Big Whoop. Still quite useable.

I do not dislike Anova brand. We got the Nano to save money and space. AND because we can set temperature etc on the device itself (although that can be tricky). The Joules work great with WiFi, usually good enough with just BT. Must use the app, which offers a huge number of built in recipes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts