Anybody use Stubhub for tickets?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
My wife wants to take our son to see the American Idols Concert in Salt Lake City, but of course, it is sold out. There are, however, decently priced tickets available online from stubhub.

However, I have never dealt with online ticket brokers other than Ticketmaster, and wanted to get feedback from members about whether you think this is a safe place to buy tickets.

Thoughts?

I buy from them all the time, and never had a problem. Always get my tickets on time and they have convient pickup locations for last minute purposes.

It does piss me off that for tickets like the world series people get away selling Tickets for what they sell them for, but if you don't like the price then don't buy them.

I used stubhub to sell some extra Live Earth tickets. Seems like its a decent operation and they garauntee you get your tickets. Only complaint is their rediculous "fees". I think they charge the seller 15% of the price and the buyer 10% (effectively collecting a 25% fee from the ticket sale). Even ticketmaster's ripoff service fees arent that bad.

I believe ebay bought or partnered with stubhub so I'm betting soon that ebay shuts down their ticket auction section and just does it all via stubhub.

Thanks for the replies -- I feel better about them; except for the 10% fee, which I kind of expected anyway.

What about All Concert, Sports, Theatre & Las Vegas Tickets & Information @ Kickin' Tickets inc. (KickinTickets.com) - they actually have tickets available in batches of 3, so I do not have to buy a seat I will not use. Any feedback on them?

If I don't get the same feedback about them, I'll stick with stubhub.

ALSO - haven't been to a concert in years, several of the tickets say "Ticketfast - can email" Are emailed tickets valid? Is it like a home-printed boarding pass?

FINALLY - with a 9 1/2 year old, would you guys/gals recommend staying away from floor seats? My thought is that unless he stands on the chair, he'll never see anyth

Never mind...

Just realized the concert is in the middle of my son's Lego Robotics Camp; which we already paid for. So the concert is out.

Oh well, we quickly decided that we will go to Rock Jam, which is here in Grand Junction, this September. Two day festival, with Quiet Riot, Chicago, Foreigner, Styx, and Def Leppard. Good 80s rock, AND no Sanjaya! ;)

But I am glad to get the info about stubhub - will file it away for future use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)