Anyone do any CCTV work

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrettTRay

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 16, 2004
'Bama
I've got a Phillips Security camera that I got from the place a used to work that only has the camera part with it. Its not one of those cheap ones but its one of those good commercial quality ones. I've looked at some websites to try to find out the model number but I've yet to find it. My question is how do these cameras get power to them. I think I read where it comes through the coax broad/foil but not sure. Where could I get a power supply for it? Are the power supply's for these cameras universal or do I need to find out the model number to get the correct one? Thanks Guys

Depends on the camera. There are 3 ways(or 4)

Through a siamese cable that has power and video all-in-one with the power adapter that connects near the VCR/DVR and plugs into the cabling at the source. Can range from 7-24V AC or DC.

DC/AC 12/24 Volts through 2 screw terminals or 2 push in terminals.

AC120V connects directly to any home outlet. (Not likely in your case)

Propietary cable that sorta looks like a keyboard/mouse connector. These are the hardest to make/fake since they use a common ground and 1 wire for video only.

Lastly, if it is a higher end unit, it could need a controller that accounts for Pan-Tilt-Zoom(PTZ) and power functions.

A picure of the back (connectors) would help a LOT.

The Tate said:
Brett,
like your new avator. The x-files always freaked me out.
Thanks. I always like to swap it out every now and then!! I love the x-files but it was getting old. The tide elephant will always be in stile:) :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)