Anyone else get charged the additional outlet programming access fee?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

aznxrice

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 16, 2004
i got charged 9.98 for the two dual tuners i have even though a phone line was connected to both of them at all times

You didn't explain your situation very good. I assume you were an existing customer and upgraded your system. If you replaced your primary receiver with a leased one you will pick up a lease fee and a dvr fee if the receiver is a 522 or 625.

You may have a pending dial out that I had to manually initiate on my 522, that cleared that charge on my bill and also reversed the previous month's charges.

Edit:

Wait you got charged for Two dual tuners? So that means you have at least 2 physical receivers than. If those two are in addition to another receiver, than that 9.98 is just two additional receiver fees. Can you post a shot of your bill to explain your account better?

Well, i have a 522 and a 322, both of the tuners never had a problem with the dial out before, but now when i tried to dial out it works. Since both the tuners can dial out will those charges get reversed?

So you mean they charged you 4.99 per IRD, because they said they were not connected to the phone line ? But in fact they are ?

Do you get a warning message on the 522 that tells you it is not connected to a phone line and that you will be charged extra?

Remember
(cut and paste from SimpleSimon post a few days ago)
The 522 will carry a $5 fee if it's not the primary receiver.

It will carry a $5 DVR fee unless you've got the top-end package.

It will also carry a $5 fee for the second tuner unless it's hooked to a phone line.
These 322 is the same except no DVR fee and the fees are actually $4.99, but $5 is easier to work with.

I would still like to see the bill if possible, just blackout your account number or crop it.

SatinKzo said:
Do you get a warning message on the 522 that tells you it is not connected to a phone line and that you will be charged extra?

Remember
(cut and paste from SimpleSimon post a few days ago)
The 522 will carry a $5 fee if it's not the primary receiver.

It will carry a $5 DVR fee unless you've got the top-end package.

It will also carry a $5 fee for the second tuner unless it's hooked to a phone line.
These 322 is the same except no DVR fee and the fees are actually $4.99, but $5 is easier to work with.

I would still like to see the bill if possible, just blackout your account number or crop it.

Actually, so that you can accurately match your bill, the correct amounts are:

$5.00 Fee if it's not your primary receiver.
$4.99 Phone Line/Additional Outlet Fee (if not connected to your phone line)
$4.98 DVR Fee (Waived under America's Everything Pak)

The fees are not all $5.00.

yeah, I was just editing to point that out when you posted, but I know many people here just use the $5 as an easy way to type them all, but can be a pain when trying to match them up.

BUT on my bill, additional receivers are $4.99 not the $5 you stated.

SatinKzo said:
yeah, I was just editing to point that out when you posted, but I know many people here just use the $5 as an easy way to type them all, but can be a pain when trying to match them up.

Yeah. Definitely simpler but when trying to distinguish which charges should be there (as in this case), it's better to spell it out.

Ok just looked at my bill back when I got charged the phone fee cause my 522 was not recognizing the phone line.

I can't scan it, but will try and get a screen shot when the dish site decides to let me go back 5 months in billing

anyways here is the breakdown on those fees on MY bill (at the time an 811 and 522)

Addional Receiver Fee: $4.99
DVR ServiceFee: $4.98
Additional Recevier Fee: $4.99

I got charged two additional receiver fees for no phone line and another for the 522 being the second receiver on my account.

SatinKzo said:
Ok just looked at my bill back when I got charged the phone fee cause my 522 was not recognizing the phone line.

I can't scan it, but will try and get a screen shot when the dish site decides to let me go back 5 months in billing

anyways here is the breakdown on those fees on MY bill (at the time an 811 and 522)

Addional Receiver Fee: $4.99
DVR ServiceFee: $4.98
Additional Recevier Fee: $4.99

I got charged two additional receiver fees for no phone line and another for the 522 being the second receiver on my account.

There is an issue (not really a bug, more of an oversight) that I discovered (and confirmed) late last year. If you DO NOT purchase any PPV movies, your 522 will only call out once a month. The charge is placed on your account if your receiver has not connected to DISH's system within 15 days PRIOR to your bill date. Here is a scenario in which you will billed even if everything is working correctly:

Connection Date: May 27
Bill Date: June 15 (18 days later)

In this instance, you would be charged even though the receiver connected properly. If you pull up the counters menu (Menu > 6 > 3) and scroll down to Last Connect Date, you can compare that to your bill date and see if it is more than 15 days.

Just to note, it has not ever shown up again but Chaddux is correct. My bill date is on the 14th of each month and I connected my 522 on the 17th and it dialed out that night. However when I got billed the next month, I had to call a CSR and confirm some info, plus I also had a pending dial out (I do not order PPV, so I don't know why), but I told it to connect and "update the smartcard" and have not seen the charge again.

SatinKzo said:
Just to note, it has not ever shown up again but Chaddux is correct. My bill date is on the 14th of each month and I connected my 522 on the 17th and it dialed out that night. However when I got billed the next month, I had to call a CSR and confirm some info, plus I also had a pending dial out (I do not order PPV, so I don't know why), but I told it to connect and "update the smartcard" and have not seen the charge again.

I figured out a way to manually alter when the 522 connects so that it can be brought within the 15-day period but as long as you aren't having problems, I guess it's best to leave it alone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)