Anyone else getting WB ch.251 ?

Darrell S

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Parts Unknown
I am in the Wichita Falls,Tx locals market. I came home this afternoon to find the WB channel out of Miami on my set. I hope I will be able to get this channel after Sept. when the WB-UPN merger happens since my market has neither and it will save me some money on superstations.

I wonder if this is WB for local packages that dont' have a WB station. I think D* has done this for a while. It would certainely devalue the superstation pack a little, but make E* more competitive.

May also reduce some people from 'moving' like myself...

251 showed up on the uplink report today. JohnH said it would be visible to "someone".

251,16,WB available to someone
252,16,WB-W available to someone

Does anyone who has this showing have a WB in their locals. I have Detroit and these channels are not in my guide - we already have a WB station.

Also, are people getting just one station East or West, or both?

My local WB is a cable-only, non-broadcast affiliate (I think it's called a 100+ station) but I am NOT receiving 251. Of course, my DMA always gets screwed over like this.

This is one of those channels I saw show up on the 721 around a week ago when it glitched while they downgraded my programming.

I am glad that they chose to add this channel for those that do not get the station in their locals package. The reason being is if my local market chooses not to go with the CW Network then we will still have that channel and an alternative. I hope this WB station goes to the CW Network or it will defeat the purpose and Dish Network would have to swap it with another network that offers CW.

checked my locals on dish and it does not included this channel.

We have a dedicated WB now, but they're on low power. Before we had WB on dish because UPN and WB were on the same channel

Sorry to be a wet blanket folks, but WBZL (WB39) in Miami will not be the new CW network station. Our local UPN (WBFS) station is owned by CBS/Viacom and it will be the CW network outlet.

Walt

Grampaw said:
Sorry to be a wet blanket folks, but WBZL (WB39) in Miami will not be the new CW network station. Our local UPN (WBFS) station is owned by CBS/Viacom and it will be the CW network outlet.

Walt
After searching for press releases from when the merger was announced, I have found that the WB channels in Miami and San Diego are both going to be CW channels. Just because your UPN is owned by CBS does not mean it is going to be a CW affiliate.

Grampaw said:

Walt

Wow. Your first post here is not incorrect. Like Darrell said, WBZL will be the CW affiliate for Miami. Here is the press release:

http://wb39.trb.com/about/station/r...lease,0,6196644.htmlstory?coll=wbzl-station-2

And I've never heard the expression of being a "wet blanket."

Last edited:
:)

Sorry, I had not seen the WB39 press release. When it (the CW) was first announced here,
even the local CBS O&O reported it would be the UPN affiliate that would be CW.

Apparantly premature speculation by the local media outlets.

One thing that puzzled me is that E* says I'm eligible for the New York WB and UPN Superstations,
but I have both networks already in my local DMA.

By the way, a "wet blanket" is an old (like me) term meaning to cool off someone's enthusiasm.

Walt

Pretty common expression. I must be getting old too. :D

wet blanket
n : (informal) someone who spoils the pleasure of others [syn: spoilsport,
killjoy, party pooper]

NightRyder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts