Anyone else have audio ESPN2 problems?

mack8882

Original poster
Jan 11, 2007
Hey everyone,

First time I have posted, although I have read several threads for awhile now. As I watched ESPN2 last night, the audio kept cutting out every 5-6 seconds and then would go away for a minute or two. Was this my own individual problem or have others had this glitch as well??? Thanks for any responses.

I have had the same problem, only the audio doesn't cut out for a minute or so, its just a second or two. It happens fairly frequently and is really jsut annoying, it doesn't stop me from watching anything on there. Glad it isn't just me.

I'm having the same problems. I have been messing around with all of my audio cables and going nuts trying to figure it out. I'm really glad to see that the problem is not just here. Hope they get it fixed before NASCAR starts up!

Same problems here...dropped out for a second, then was back. Happened about once a minute or more.

Same here. Is this just a 622 problem or is it also happening with other HD receivers?

More annoying to me is the daily reboot of the 622 due to the jerkiness in SD broadcasts (particulary on RSN's and Center Ice).

Still happening here...it's getting pretty annoying. Seems to have happened ever since the UNC/Duke game was blacked out last week. Any connection possible?

I'm having the same problem here too. Glad I didn't go buy new cables. I also have some audio drops on other digital audio channels but ESPN2 is by far the worst. I have the 211.

I purchased a digital optical cable so I could connect it to my surround sound. The sound problem occurs when I use the optical cable but if switch to the sound output of rca cables to my tv.... it does not occur. I only have this problem with espn2. it must be something with digital signal but have gotten no help anywhere as to why only this channel

I am running the optical cable directly from the 211 to my audio receiver (Yamaha RX-V650). I've changed the input and the cable and the problem does not go away, so it is definitely a Dish/ESPN2/digital audio problem.

digital sound drop out

Dish told me it is a problem with the VIP boxes. They are aware of it and are working on it. It is a software issue with the digital output. They said they hope to have it fixed soon.

It's truly amazing to me how the tech people at E* are so misinformed. I called tonight because I was having a 5.1 audio problem on ESPN2 (9425). The tech I spoke with wasn't even familiar with optical out on the 211 receiver. There was no information she could find relative to a software issue with the 211 on this issue. My 211 was just replaced a few days ago, and this is the new receiver. Same 5.1 audio problem as the old one. How difficult is it to keep your front-line techs informed? I'm glad I'm not imagining this problem.

Same audio dropouts here. Seems to have gotten worse when ESPN2 went to MPEG4. Also, could this be a transponder issue? I get ESPN2 on 129. You guys that don't have the problem, what satellite do you get ESPN2 on?

Same problem here on ESPN2. Have 211 and 301 box. No problem with the analog
301 box. All other digital channels received on Sat 129 fine on the 211. Sure hope a SW correction is coming soon cause it is most annoying.

I think it's actually getting worse. During the race on Saturday the audio was out for over a minute at one point.

I'm also getting it from 129.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)