Anyone else having ESPN3D 1002 problems?

philhu

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 1, 2004
Cold Boston Area
Hi

Finally hooked up my shiny new Cbl DVR (IMG 1.8), using HDMI v1.4 cable to my MITS DLP set. Set does 3d fine on a PS3 using same HDMI wire

So I hook it up, go to channel 1002, tell the set top/bottom 3d (DLP Link glasses). TV says ok, put 3d glasses on.

Left Eye 100% picture, right very dark, like 20% only. It IS 3d, just right eye very dark. Yes, I did try reverse/standard

So to test, I connected the hdmi to my cblbox, I am about to send back, same problem, and my Tivo Premiere. Same problem.

So I call Verizon, even after explaining it does same on all 3 boxes, they have me change coax wires, reset the boxes, powercycle etc.

So, since it definitely points to the cable channel itself, anyone else have this problem??? Anyone else try it? I am in the Boston VHO

Sidenote: The 3rd reset also DID break my DVR, it only goes channels 2-558 now, so they are sending me a new one. Reset or powercycle both don't fix it :/

I believe someoe else had trouble with DLP glasses reporting one eye very dark. Works fine on my Plasma 3d. If the picture looks normal as a top bottom image before you switch it to try and do 3d, it is probably NOT the STB's. Note the ESPN3d is reportedly using 720P if that makes a difference in your setup.

Answer!

I read this elsewhere about someone saying top/bottom 3d format from cable didn't work but side-by-side format DID work:
If you take a close look at the Mitsubishi firmware 12.06 upgrade spec sheet, you will notice that it does not include 1080i Top/Bottom (which you probably need for ESPN3D since this is what the cable box outputs by default), but it includes 1080i Side-by-Side (I have yet to encounter any 3D movies from Cox that use this format).

The ESPN3d signal is 720P, but my cable box was set to output 1080i, so 1080i top/bottom is NOT supported by Mits in the latest firmware.

I set my cable box to 720p, and it works fine.

Mits needs to add 1080i/top-bottom 3d to it's supported firmware.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)