Anyone else having grey screen issues?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

slick1sb

Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
I'm getting grey screens instead of programing. The guide and everything else work but no audio/video. Reset seems to work, but it just does it again later. I'm really getting annoyed. It started with the network freezes and now this. I've been a customer for over ten years but this is about to push me over to the D side! Why did they have to F things up with TIVO? I don't want to get caught in this game of box roulette. Any fixes for this problem?

Steve

I began having this issue yesterday as well. With me it has happened about 5 times in the past 2 days. It seems to happen when I try to hit the "previous" button. I have a HR-21-100 hooked to Panasonic plasma via HDMI. I have waited a couple of minutes each time for the grey screen to revert back to programming with no success. I can access the guide and menus with no problem (just no programming as the op says).

If this is something that you can duplicate, Can you try going to a Component connection instead of the HDMI, just to see if it may be the HDMI causing it.
Just to rule that out.

Jimbo

I'll check to see if I still have component cables. I will try it that way. Also, I was on the CE release last week and didn't notice while on the CE. However, I got an external HD and reverted back to the national release. Wonder if it's possibly because of the ext. HD.

This may be a stretch, but check your BBCs (B-Band Converters.) I had similar issues not too long ago, and I noticed it was primarily on the MPEG4 channels, and when I replaced my BBCs I fixed the problem.

I have an hr21. I have it hooked up via component and s-video. Niether works when this happens. It's been ok the past couple of days and all I did was reset it twice in 2 days. I did check the b-band stuff right away and they checked out fine. I'm wondering if it got a software upgrade or the moon was aligned funny.........:eek:

On a serious note,
/on rant/ I really am annoyed that every company has to re-invent the freaking wheel. DTV had a great thing going with the d-tivos. they had a huge fanatic following, I even talked my parents into a series 2. I guess I'm just aggrivated because I had something that worked and now I've become part of the great beta test group. I hope liberty figures it out.(not holding breath)
/off rant/

I downloaded the CE release last night and so far all day have not had the problem (crossing fingers)!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)