Anyone else having problems with USPS deliveries anywhere close to on time?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It is amazing how government entities work.
That's not how they used to work prior to the appointment of Louis DeJoy to be Postmaster General. The USPS enjoyed a 92% approval rating prior to DeJoy. This is (or was) the highest rating of any federal agency.
The postmaster made changes to the delivery schedules that haven't been fully fixed yet.
He did indeed. Many of us call it "sabotage".

Reactions: Comptech
WOW - I finally got an update on my USPS package. It arrived in Mobile, AL today and normally I would get it the next day. Here's hoping!! Both my UPS and USPS packages from California may arrive tomorrow. They both must have been on that same slow truck or plane.

I'm not making any excuses but this is a very busy time of year. More people are shopping online because of COVID-19 and weather can slow down ground transportation.

I've been selecting no rush shipping with Amazon prime lately. They give you a buck or two to wait a few extra days.. Once I get a few of those saved up I get a free book to download on my Kindle.

And yes, there have been some shipments that went way beyond the estimated delivery times and that sucks.

I've been learning to be patient these days. That's a virtue that has escaped me over the decades. Consider it a work in progress.

Reactions: TheKrell
Another fator that has affected me personally, regarding post deliveries and the pandemic, is that
the mail man assigned to this route told me around March April, the local post office was reducing the number of mail carriers to avoid having them on a crowded office where they sort out all the parcels, so they would work every other day, taking turns,

Then the mail man who covers this route, was out of commission for around a month, some other postmen came to fill in for him, and they just told me he was out on sick leave, and nobody would tell them if he had caught the virus,

Then he came back, and I didn't even want to ask him, he looked fine, OK;

About a month ago, again he has been missing, and I know him well, he's very responsible, and if he has been again out of commission for 4 weeks it must be something serious,

This time there are no other mail men to cover for him, and I haven't received many parcels, that I ordered online in May and June and later on...

Above all I hope the mail man who covers my route is well, and I hope to see him again healthy,

The delivery of my parcels can wait.....

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: TheKrell and TRG
Hope your mailman is fine, but if I ordered stuff in May or June and have not received it, I believe I would be at the post office screaming.

I guess I'm the exception. I recently sent packages to two different destinations. Both arrived a day early!!!!

The weak link in my packages being delivered is California. Maybe Covid is affecting their operation. I have received packages from other parts of the country OK. I would think twice before ordering something that comes from California if I wanted it in a hurry. I suspect a lot of Christmas shoppers will be disappointed when their gifts don't arrive on time.

Filed a complaint with USPS Sunday about the item and paying extra for two day priority. Got a email back yesterday day from someone at my local post office saying they will investigate it and get back to me today. Guess What? Still no package and nobody emailed or called me today. 10 days and counting.

Just an update, on that parcel still "on transport"

I checked and the last item I ordered from Amazon Europe, in that case Amazon Germany, and also sent via Netherlands Post:

appeared with the status "on transport to destination country" and had no progress whatosever during 11 days, then on the 12th day (of Christmas no that's a song sorry) it showed as "arrived in destination country" then after that, it was more or less a smooth sailing. That item was ordered in late September or early October.

But the current parcel I'm waiting for, same origin as above same Netherlands post, etc, has been on the status "on transport to destination country" for 23 days as of today,

I now remember that around Christmas time, a couple of years ago, I ordered something from another Amazon European website and the item was also sent via Netherlands post and was apparently sitting at the airport there or in some black hole for about a whole month, it arrived eventually after Christmas and New Year, but fortunately for me it was nothing that I planned to give as Christmas present.

Well enough waiting for that parcel with Netherlands Post, which apparently fell into a black hole, about 24 days ago... I've requested a replacement item, and now all I have to do is wait.... again.....

Update: Called the postmaster in Easley SC, my postal code. Told her what was going on gave her the tracking number and got a all time great responce. " we don't know were it is now, but you should receive it soon, we will send you a update via email when we find out were it is. Sure am glad we the taxpayers support this incapable service, then pay to use it.

Reactions: edisonprime
I don't want to sound like a cry baby, but if it was the first time I would not be doing this. Put after my Pi power supply taking over two weeks to get here Amazon prime that the tracking showed it was received in Knoxville the next day then did the same mystery trip, I have to complain.

o
On a side note The antenna farm has been great, sending another out and just requesting if I get two send one back.
On the wkbn youngstown ohio news they had a news story why people aren,t receiving thier packages. Seems that Cleveland ohio post office has had mail there for a couple weeks that hasn,t left the post office. Thier excuse is they are overwhelmed with too many packages and not enough workers to get them moved out. Covid 19 cases are really high in Eastern ohio and the state is locked down and so is pa.

They "attempted" to deliver an amazon package Friday, note in mail box yesterday that it would be available to pick up at post office today... It will be Thursday before I can pick up due to working late this week. Grrrr
Picked up my prime 2 day delivery today at the post office... UPS, Fedex and USPS all had deliveries also today

That's not how they used to work prior to the appointment of Louis DeJoy to be Postmaster General. The USPS enjoyed a 92% approval rating prior to DeJoy. This is (or was) the highest rating of any federal agency.

He did indeed. Many of us call it "sabotage".
Any idea how to get hold of this idiot? I have been filing complaints for a week, a day short of to weeks, I get a email that says problem solved. It was a cut and paste that due to Covid all priority mail is running late Two weeks on a package I paid for two day delivery, and trust me the seller had it in the PO a hour later. Last scan still show Atlanta a hundred miles from me on the 30th of November. I don't follow the workings, but sounds like you are right Krell, sabotage. I sent a reply asking if I can get a refund for the two day shipping premium, but don't expect a reply.

• Sad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)