Anyone else having sound issues (Crackling)

glowrdr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
This past week I've been noticing a random crackling issue while watching Dish. It's only been the local channels that I notice it, but I've never had an issue before. Not 100% sure if it's Dish, or if it could be something else (HDMI cable, receiver, speaker, etc)

Hard to explain the noise, but it's certainly not an "alarming" sound. If a speaker was blown, I'd know (kind of a hifi freak here). It's just once every 15-60 seconds or so I happen to notice a "stutter" in the sound. Just enough to get my attention so I know it's there.

So, how about it? This another thing that only happens to me, or has something been a little wonky this past week?

I've had the issue with the local PBS station but only on Saturday mornings when they are rerunning This Old House and other home improvement shows. You don't get it over the antenna. I thought it was probably something with the local station's signal to Dish.

I've had that problem too, especially with PBS. I thought at first something was wrong with my A/V receiver, but after changing channels it went away. This particular set up is using component video and optical digital audio.

So to the OP's question, I am having the same issue under a different set up (not using HDMI). The issue seems only isolated to PBS in the Atlanta market.

Same here with my PBS local on Dish. Some programs, sometimes. I've noticed it on the station's primetime evening programs but it may (or may not) occur at other times. I don't know if it is a problem with the PBS network, the local station or Dish. Too irritating to watch so I just move on.