Anyone else loose the earc?

dwarren2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 30, 2003
Rochester, NY Region
Just went to switch from an ota channel to a Dish channel and no signal. Checked both Hoppers and did a system status and am getting red bars on al thre sats.
Or is it something on my end?

Everything was working at 11 am. Just checked a recording of the CBS Morning Show that ended at 11am and it was all recorded.

Seems I can receive 61.5 but not 72 or 77. System status was yellow on 61.5 red on the others. On line chat set up a visit for Monday PM.

Snow on the dish maybe? And if that isn't it I'd go with alignment or cabling.

From my own snow issues, when snow is on the dish, I don't usually lose signal until the snow begins to melt from the dish. I suppose it gets wet, heavy, and slides down towards the center of the dish.

Time to eat some crow. While it wasn't snow this morning, it did last night. I assumed that since I was getting my locals over Dish there had to be some problem. Finally this afternoon while shoveling off my deck I took a look at the dish and saw a big accumulation of snow on the arm. Using a step ladder and a long window cleaning pole, I was able to knock off much of the snow. Guess what, I got my signal back.
Should have checked that first.

Everyone has to eat a little crow now & then. :)

Don't forget to cxl your tech visit.

Even down here in the southeast I had to deal with the wet snow not too long ago.

EDIT: Fixed autocorrect.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Last edited:
Up here in WNY, most of our snow is the fine dry type lake effect. I rarely get snow induced signal loss. What had me perplexed was that I was getting my locals off of 61.5 but everything else was missing. Luckily, with a step ladder in the snow and my long pole with a window cleaning squeegee at the end I was just able to reach the dish on the roof of a 2 story house. Would have felt real dumb if a tech had shown up and it was just ice!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts