Anyone else not getting charged a DVR fee?

Widescreen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 14, 2006
Allen, TX (Dallas area)
For about 2 years now, I haven't been getting charged a DVR fee for my 622. I still see the $7 lease fee on my bill but no DVR fee. I don't have and have never had the AEP so that isn't it. I'm not complaining of course - just curious. I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that I've been a Dish customer for over 10 years. :confused:

You may have Dish DVR Advantage as I do. They include the lease fee and DVR fee in to the price, which is $49.99 for AT200, plus $10 for each premium pack. In my case I get the AT250 upgrade for $10, plus HD Essentials for another $10. A second receiver on my account is another $5.00, so my total bill is $74.99 each month.

Point to check on....E* as of 2/01/08 dropped the $7 leased receiver fee on the first receiver. You might call and ask for an account credit. I've had several of my friends get positive results. This ONLY applies to the FIRST.

Point to check on....E* as of 2/01/08 dropped the $7 leased receiver fee on the first receiver. You might call and ask for an account credit. I've had several of my friends get positive results. This ONLY applies to the FIRST.
It's been that way for a long time, at least two years or more. To the OP, sounds like you have DVR advantage. Either way, just leave well enough alone.

Thanks, Jerry. I'll look into that. What if the 622 is my ONLY receiver? Will the fee still be dropped?

And dlsnyder, I don't have Dish DVR Advantage and never have (unless they moved me there without my say-so). My bill doens't say anything about that. I'm on the DishHD Absolute plus locals so my bill is $41.99 ($34.99 programming plus $7 lease fee).

Thanks, Jerry. I'll look into that. What if the 622 is my ONLY receiver? Will the fee still be dropped?

And dlsnyder, I don't have Dish DVR Advantage and never have (unless they moved me there without my say-so). My bill doens't say anything about that. I'm on the DishHD Absolute plus locals so my bill is $41.99 ($34.99 programming plus $7 lease fee).

Should be no problem....you might have to speak with a supervisior.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)