Anyone else notice the lag on 722k's now?

digital echo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 21, 2005
Earth
I have noticed the lag on the screen guides and channel up and down on the VIP DVRS. I install these daily and there is a noticeable lag on them. I seem to have found a way to fix the tv1 lag by making tv1 UHF, and you can also change the tv2 to either Band A or Band B for the best performance.

Yep. Been that way off-and-on since L662. However, L680 seems to have fixed it for me (so far.)

My replacement 722k was set up on tv1 uhf from the begining. The lag comes and goes, but is gets better if I turn the remote 90' degrees away from pointing forward. Do you think if I changed the tv1 uhf to another frequency that it might help?

Last edited:
I have noticed the lag on the screen guides and channel up and down on the VIP DVRS. I install these daily and there is a noticeable lag on them. I seem to have found a way to fix the tv1 lag by making tv1 UHF, and you can also change the tv2 to either Band A or Band B for the best performance.

My remote 1 (I have just one tv) is labeled IR and the manual only gives instructions for changing the Remote Control 2 to UHF.

How does one go about making Remote Control 1 to transmit UHF instead of IR?

Thanks.

Shelly

Have we noticed? don't get me started on these slow ass menus on my 722K. LOL.
Wednesday my menus were so mind numbingly slow I almost threw my remote through my television set.
Thursday, it was like nothing was ever wrong in the first place.
This bug, drives me insane. My brother and dad with the same box and software version, never see this problem.
Arrrggghhhh!!!!
I have gotten to the point I will try anything, but no fix seems to last more than a day at the most.
If L681 does not fix this I may be forced to try another reciever.

To fix it on tv1 you can get a 21.0 tv2 remote, front panel to system info screen. What i did was pull the tab out and re insert to tv1 on it, and hit record..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)