Anyone else see improved stuttering?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nazz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 4, 2006
I was having significant video stuttering problems on my 622 as I know many others were. I have noticed here recently that the problem seems all but gone on mine without any change in software update. Anyone else noticing this or is it just something with mine?

I've noticed less stuttering as I have been watching the mpeg 4 hd locals and the mpeg 4 national hd chanenls. Then this morning I tuned to my ota station for abc and it was back. Reboot put it back right.

I'm seeing improvement across the SD channels. The ticker used to stutter like mad every time I tuned to FoxNews and I'd have to hit skip back. Now it's fine along with all of the others.

It probably is too soon to say and I'm not sure how many others may still be having the problems. Mine is still stutter free though and it had gotten really bad.

Try watching a live broadcast, such as a baseball game. Have a timer set to record the game, and begin watching in live mode when it starts. Anytime after 15 minutes in, hit pause, and leave it on pause for at least 10 minutes. When you resume play all kinds of fun things happen...stuttering video....in the middle of what you're viewing the 622 will revert back to the beginning of the event....frame freezes....audio sync issues.

Anytime I do this with a live broadcast, happens every time. Stopping the recording is the fix, but you end up in the live mode, back in real time. I have 2 622's (same cabling/identical TV's) and can duplicate it every time.

Stuttering is worse for me on my 622. My local HD ABC affiliate in Chicago has been really bad. I tried watching the World Cup game on Saturday and I'm watching the NBA Finals right now, but I get audio stuttering every 30 seconds or so. I have rebooted multiple times and no improvement, it's really annoying...

Last night's Red Sox game on (ESPN) had a lot of stuttering. When I came in and sat down I noticed it and asked what channel it was. When she said ESPN, I said that's pretty crappy for HD. Well she had put it on the regular SD ESPN. I switch to the HD channel and besides the picture being a whole lot better, the stuttering was completly gone.

Mine came back over the weekend. I hope L3.59 is going to fix this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts