Anyone else seeing a lot of blank space ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kstuart

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 5, 2006
Northern California
I use the "Classic Look" and in the last week or so, I am seeing big areas of blank space in posts.

Particularly between "Quote:" and the actual quote, but also in other places.

Anyone else seeing this ?

I think I am going to remove the class look soon, its not needed anymore and its coding is for a much older version of vBulletin, because of this somethings dont work correctly in the classic mode.

The new look is much like the classic look with just some basic changes. Its not like it was with the side navigation bar.

I tried changing to the New Look and the blank space is still there - right in this thread.

It is there on two entirely different PCs.

Both of the PCs have IE7 (and I suspect that most people are still using IE6).

I also don't like all the lines in the New Look...

classic looks fine on my end with ie7

scott leave the classic!

not a fan of new look

plus you helped me with my buddy list issue with classic

Become a supporter Stuart, and the space/ads will disappear and you gain more access to this site.

That's what I'm thinking although it's FireFox I was thinking of... Since I don't use Exploder I'm not sure what kind of blockers are for it.

The IE add-blocker may be blocking both the Burst ad and the Google Thingy where FF's blocker only zaps the first one mentioned.

As for the Classic, I would leave it. It works with my screen reader while the newer style doesn't.

You must have some kind of ad blocker installed then, because in that area there is supposed to be ads. :D

You must have some kind of ad blocker installed then, because in that area there is supposed to be ads. :D
There are ads within the posts themselves ?

I haven't seen that anywhere else...

PS I do use an ad blocker (out of respect for the site I won't give details), but it doesn't block the ads on the top from the cool places that support this site, like Invacom, Fortec, SatelliteAV, etc.

I use an ad blocker selectively, but I also use a text-to-speech screen reader. Only thing about those little as on top is they don't have an ALT tag. The screen reader just says "no ALT tag specified."

If someone could win the Lottery pay for the server, etc for the next couple of years, all the ads wouldn't be needed.

The ads were recently put in the posts, they were between the posts originally. Some other sites also put ads in the post area and even where the sigs are or have an intersitutule that shows up after your post has been lodged

There are ads within the posts themselves ?

I haven't seen that anywhere else...

PS I do use an ad blocker (out of respect for the site I won't give details), but it doesn't block the ads on the top from the cool places that support this site, like Invacom, Fortec, SatelliteAV, etc.

I use the "Classic Look" and in the last week or so, I am seeing big areas of blank space in posts.

Particularly between "Quote:" and the actual quote, but also in other places.

Anyone else seeing this ?

Is this what your talking about? I get these sometimes.

Attachments

• Capture (16,11_07_39).jpg
    Capture (16,11_07_39).jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 169
i think there may be space there due to the fact that most with space issues arent pub members/supporting founders

give a little and see how much knowledge and information you get in return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts