Anyone else with 622/722 dvr rewind/FF problems?

mntwister

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 22, 2007
Perhaps there is a thread for this but I can't find it. For the last few weeks, when I play something I have taped on my 622, if you fast forward through commercials and then press play when they are over, it skips about 4-5 minutes ahead in the show (when pressing play). The same happens on rewind, and it happens at all speeds.

I called Dish tonight and they said they are aware of the problem and they are starting to download a fix for this problem which occurred on the last update and is affecting only the 622 and 722. Has anyone had a fix for this yet? If there is a thread about this (I can't find one) could you post a link? Thank you.

I have the same problem. Although I thought it was isolated to locals, which they applied a fix for.

It's totally frustrating. I usually use the FF 15x to go through the commercials (I have learned to be fast to hit "play" when I see the program start after commercials) but now with this problem whenever I hit play after forwarding (or rewinding) to goes 2-5 minutes ahead in the show, and there's no way to get back to the point you wanted to go to using FF or rewind. I hope she's right about the fix coming soon. She was definitely well aware of this problem when I called tonight.

Mine was fixed yesterday

Apparently, they downloaded a fix a couple of nights ago for my 622. Had the same problem for a week before the fix.

I have two 622s. One skips like crazy when doing the skip ahead/back, the other doesn't. Go figure...

There's a thread on this in the HD sub-forum.

My 622 doesn't have (and never has had) the problem. My new 722 (installed just last week) does. Both on 5.11. In any event, for commercials, much easier to just use the 30 second skip ahead button.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts