Anyone else with a TivoHD and not able to get the VOOM replacements??

JZ1276

Original poster
Oct 29, 2007
Since others have already started getting the new replacements channels (the HD HBOs, HD Starz, etc), I did some research and came to the conclusion that in order to get these channels with TivoHD, a tuning adapter is needed. I called cablevision the other day and made an appt. for a tech to bring one over. Took a half day off work for the appt. He showed up without a tuning adapter (and had no idea what I was talking about when i asked him if he brought it). Told me he didnt need it and that he was going to swap out my cablecard. I was using an M card. He took it out and replaced it with 2 S cards. Of course, it didnt work. He was here for almost 2 hours. He was on the phone with another tech the entire time and I asked him to ask about the tuning adapter...she never heard of it either. basically, missed a half days work for nothing (except getting my M card replaced with 2 S cards that stick so far out of my Tivo that i cant even shut the front panel. Has anyone been able to solve this problem? I'm paying for channels I cannot receive.

I have the same problem, except I had my 2 S cards replaced in exchange for an M card. Cablevision doesn't have the tuning adapter at this time. Their web site says they will but doesn't say when. The tech I had said some time in the future the channels won't be SDV, but had no time frame. For now, we're out of luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts