Anyone else's hoppers not seeing each other tonight?

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
This worked fine the last time I checked which was probably a couple days ago. But tonight I don't have the option to see the other hopper from either unit. Both hoppers are still on 217 (have been for a while now). And I don't seem to have any other problems from the hoppers either. Broadband seems to be working on both hoppers as well. Now when I came home from work this afternoon my Internet service was not working. I had to reset my cable modem and router which fixed that issue. Could that have caused an issue with the HIC which in turn has caused the hoppers not to see each other? Is there a way to "reset" the HIC?

To reset the HIC you unplug it and plug it back in.. To reset the connection. You go to menu. Then settings then broadband.. On the right.. You will set connection and frequencies. Yoy press connection to reset..

I also had the same problem for the first time Sunday evening. Hoppers didn't see each other, Joeys were messed up. All 4 boxes were missing one or more connections on MoCA. I rbr'ed the boxes and reset the HIC and things ahve been OK since.

I have come to the conclusion that the current software does not like having multiple Hoppers connected to the Internet. I have found that disconnecting Ethernet or disabling bridging will fix my Hoppers' issues with seeing each other. I know it's not a bridging issue as when I plug Ethernet into two Hoppers with bridging disabled it also exhibits the same issues. The only solution was only having a single Hopper connected to the Internet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts