Anyone enjoying the World Fishing Channel?

Absolutely, Mosquito s in HD their buzzing in 5.1.

So, ask me am I enjoying this channel?

NOT, this channel is an embarrassment.

I,m going crazy I have to spray "off" before I tune to the channel.

Well if that is the case and WFN is a Canadian channel then why can't we get more programming from there, oh like say CBC HD or maybe the real NHL network HD asopposed to the NHL network lite that we get now....

Hey guys shouldn't Toon disney be part of essentials package since its available on top 100?
i have top 100 and i dont get toon disney HD.
According to the dishnet website toon disney is an AT200 and up channel. (might be free preview right now...) Disney (itself) is available in the AT100

So, back on topic...
:eureka
I think they need a good fishing news program... maybe with a catchy name like "PondCenter" They could run a ticker bar at the bottom of the screen with the biggest international catches of the day and a picture of said catches on the left hand side of the screen. :D

By the way, I don't know if it has been posted anywhere around here, but here is the release from WFN's webpage about the e* pickup of the channel:
WFN: World Fishing Network HD

Secures Carriage Agreement with DISH Net

may15.jpg
TORONTO, May 14, 2008 - WFN: World Fishing Network HD and Insight Sports announced today a carriage deal with DISH Network that sees North America's only 24-hour fishing channel added to the satellite television company's package of high-definition channels. WFN HD is available through DISH Network on channel 394.

"With more than 50 million sport fishing enthusiasts in North America, WFN has been enthusiastically embraced," said Mark Rubinstein, President of WFN. "In just under three years, WFN has emerged as the industry leader in the world of televised fishing and lifestyle programming. The launch of WFN HD on DISH Network now enables millions of passionate anglers to become part of WFN's World Fishing Nation."

Available 24-hours a day, seven days a week, WFN provides recreational and sport fishing enthusiasts with an entertaining and comprehensive line-up that covers a wide range of programming including American and Canadian angling, saltwater and freshwater fishing, professional competitions, expert advice, international tournaments, travel destinations and conservation.

WFN's high-definition programming schedule features the sport's most popular personalities and shows including Dave Mercer's Facts of Fishing, The New Fly Fisher, Fishing the Flats, Fins N' Skins Classic Adventures and George Poveromo's Saltwater Fishing. The channel's original programs are headlined by WFN News and Reel Road Trip. WFN's hosts include Mark Melnyk and Mariko Izumi along with a variety of professional anglers highlighted by Bob Izumi, Angelo Viola, Dave Mercer and J.P. DeRose. Together, WFN's hosts provide viewers with an in-depth look at the sport of fishing and its many facets. (source)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)