Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatinKzo

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 22, 2004
Louisiana
I have been kind of itching to play with a new FTA box, one with PVR functions for something new. I have been looking around, but most of the PVR units are kinda pricey for my tastes or they don't have blind scan capabilities. I had kind of been looking into the nfusion receivers as a new one to play with, but I can't find any decent reviews.

The unit states PVR capabilities, but it's hard to find decent specs on it. It also says it's got blind scan.

So has anyone used one or do they have another PVR box with blind scan capabilites they might recommend that is going to be too pricey? I am kind of wondering now if the coolsat 7000 pvr that's reported to be out end of month might be fun to play with if the price listed on many sites for pre-order is accurate.

Edit: let me clear up a bit, the pvr of the nfusion is through what they call the "nova" box/software and from what I gather, actually uses a PC on your network for the storage part. Kind of neat, but I don't know if it is released yet and that is why I was curious if anyone has played with one of the nfusion units

Last edited:
Decided to look on ebay for a cheap fta receiver and saw them on ebay, so I searched satguys to see if anyone else got one and found your post. The ad states "Once this unit is hooked up to you computer network it works as a PVR", so I think you are correct

The pvr functionality sounds sorta like the Dreambox DM500s PVR functionality. There is no internal storage for video, but you can mount a share from a networked pc in order to save video there - to me, this functionality is just asking for troubles. I would stick with a PVR that either uses an internal drive or a usb mounted drive if you want decent performance.

I was reading in some other forum that the Nfusion is basically an enhanced version of the Neosat pro 1000. Can anyone confirm and compare? What happen was the guy working for Neosat left and started Nfusion and the result was the Nova. Apparently, Neosat had to scramble to make the 2000 in the meantime with whoever they had since their lead person left. Not sure what this all means but its interesting. I am looking for a replacement to my Neusat SP 6000 reg because it's got a hum problem in video and buzzing from the power supply. :(

I would be very interested in hearing from anyone who has a this hooked up to a Network Attached Storage device. I would hate to leave my 450 watt gaming rig on all day just to be dumb storage. I'm also interested in hearing what format the feed is stored in. It would be very cool to be able to watch it on the computer.

I tried bidding on them, didn't want to spend much on it and ended up way above my limit.... decided to order a visionsat instead (see equipment review section).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)