Anyone experience this with their HWS?

ohioankev

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
I'm curious if anyone has experienced someone "watching" a DVR recording YET you know that no one is watching it. I'm wondering if this is a bug and/or if I should change my MyDish password to be safe as someone might be watching remotely who doesn't have access to my account.

I've had this issue for months.... Its annoying. Always seems to be the last show to finish recording at any given time in the evening. To delete that show I just click to start over , click to stop and then click to delete. The overnight boot always fixes the issue as well.

You must have "Prepare for Mobile" active on those recordings. After the show is done recording is when the preparation takes place. Once that is complete (or stopped) you can then delete if desired but not while it's being prepared.

I have the same "bug", but it did occur to me that they were shows for which I have Prepare for Mobile as default. I think I solved the "bug," at least for me. I do believe it is in the process of preparing for mobile because I observed the same behavior (including the green "play" arrow on the tile) when I manually select Prepare for Mobile for a show that was not set for it by default. If anyone can confirm that this is related to Prepare for Mobile, please let us know. It sounds like the HWS is operating as should, but it is not intuitively letting us know that it is preparing for mobile. Perhaps Dish can have a different icon from the "Play" icon appear on the tile, like a "M" for "PFM."

How and where do you set Prepare for Mobile for all recordings? If this is whats happening to me I sure don't know where I did this. I have the Dish Anywhere app on my iPhone 6 as well as my PC.

I thought about that too Tony S. I really don't use the feature. I disabled the option per LT and tonight's recordings worked as they should and I could delete without any fanfare.

What is somewhat annoying is that Dish is now putting pop-ups with the suggestion to set the HWS to Prepare for Mobil for ALL RECORDINGS, and it can be TOO EASY to select this option if one thinks they are answering yes merely to access DishAnywhere. I do NOT want all recordings to Prepare for Mobile for my own reasons and prefer to set Prepare for Mobile for certain series. Now, because of that, DA will ALWAYS nag me to set ALL recordings to Prepare for Mobile, and I always have to be careful NOT to select the affirmative. I believe the HWS will sometimes nag me, as well. My point is that it can become to easy for people to set the default for all recordings without realizing what they are doing and then encounter the OP's problem.

Reactions: fredp

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts