Anyone find a Wifi A/C USB adapter that works with 722k?

GRG

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 29, 2004
Unfortunately, I have been using the slow Dish compatible Wifi N Netgear dongle for years. No way for me to add an ethernet cable. Anyone have sucess with an alternaive A/C dongle?

Unfortunately, I have been using the slow Dish compatible Wifi N Netgear dongle for years. No way for me to add an ethernet cable. Anyone have sucess with an alternaive A/C dongle?
That is the only one ever reported to work, to my knowledge. Even if there were another, I doubt it would be much if any, faster. N is better than the old b/g, but still victim to distance from router, obstructions, etc. That's WIFI for ya.

Reactions: TheKrell
That is the only one ever reported to work, to my knowledge. Even if there were another, I doubt it would be much if any, faster. N is better than the old b/g, but still victim to distance from router, obstructions, etc. That's WIFI for ya.
I'm in the infrastructure business and depending on the site and application, wifi A/C is a quantum leap over N in many aspects. Main problem here I believe, is the core dish coding on the older VIP platform, limited dish programming resources due to hopper & new tech.