Anyone got a Toshiba Tube TV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Techfizzle

Banned
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
I have a 27" RCA SDTV, but it has no svideo and is smallish. I can trade up to a Toshiba 32d47 2 year old sdtv for $50. Anyone that owns a larger Toshiba tube tv, tell me of your experience with this tv, and maybe a picture of a image on it? thanks
204203670.jpg

Personall, I would save a little more and get a small 32" or so LCD (or even plasma there are some that size now).

At least you would be HD capable then, and far more "future proof"

I personally own this same type of Toshiba TV , can't speak for the 32 inch mine is a 27 inch , I love the picture quality and have no desire to upgrade to HDTV in the recreation room where this TV is at.

20 inch in the livingroom will probably be the next TV to replace with a HDTV.

Toshiba great TV great picture quality , upgrade means you'll trade in yours and pay $50 .
Up to you but personally I hate the added weight and size of Tube TV's over 27 inches.

if i went hd i would have to get a hdtv over $500 for a decent set
then $200 for a hd satellite receiver
$200 for a hd-200
$300 for a 360
so about 1200 bux to go hd

I have a 30 inch Tube Toshiba HDTV and I love it. I use it in my computer room.

I have a 30 inch Tube Toshiba HDTV and I love it. I use it in my computer room.

I have a 30 inch tube Samsung HDTV in my living room, it has a great picture. In the future I want to move it to the bedroom and get a bigger LCD or Plasma for the living room, at least a 42 inch.

if i went hd i would have to get a hdtv over $500 for a decent set
then $200 for a hd satellite receiver
$200 for a hd-200
$300 for a 360
so about 1200 bux to go hd

You buy those later. You don't need to upgrade your components yet. Watch OTA HD on it and you'll be good to go. Then as time comes you can upgrade the components. This is exactly what I did. No way would I be spending a penny on an SDTV in the past few years.

You buy those later. You don't need to upgrade your components yet. Watch OTA HD on it and you'll be good to go. Then as time comes you can upgrade the components. This is exactly what I did. No way would I be spending a penny on an SDTV in the past few years.
Exactly. For most, the upgrade is not an all at once purchase.

Buy as you are able. A much better investment than sinking money into another SD set IMO

I have a 27" RCA SDTV, but it has no svideo and is smallish. I can trade up to a Toshiba 32d47 2 year old sdtv for $50. Anyone that owns a larger Toshiba tube tv, tell me of your experience with this tv, and maybe a picture of a image on it? thanks
204203670.jpg

I had a Toshiba 32" tv model CX32E60 I bought in 1997, and kept until I went flat-panel LCD at the end of 2006. I loved that tv..

Good tv's, BUT, their power supplies are real sensitive to bad power coming in. IF you get this tv, I highly suggest you have it running from a good UPS. I ran mine once from a generator that put out crappy power, and it nuked the power supply.

Now, I'm an electronic tech, and was able to fix it by replacing the bad IC chip, and a couple diodes, BUT, it stayed unstable from then on, and I had to mount a pc fan in there, to keep that chip COLD. If not, it would overheat, and fry nearly instantly. Over 7 years of continuing to use the tv once that happened, I had to replace the ic chip another 2-3 times, and the diodes about 4 times to keep it running.

If you aren't a tech, and can't fix it, you can't afford to pay anybody to do it for you....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)